Visualizers....

• Members

Hey Guys

It's been a long time since I've posted. Luckily I've been very busy lately. I think I've only had 2 weekends off this calendar year.

I'm looking for a DMX visualizer recommendation. I've been using DMXis for years. I'm finally ready to purchase whatever I need to use a visualizer for programming.

I am looking for recommendations. For you guys that use visualizers, what are you using and what are the pros and cons? I have multiple computers at my disposal, so I just need the dongle and the software.

Hardware: I'm thinking on getting the Enttec DMX USB Pro (http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70304). Is it compatible with everything or is there something else I should consider?

Software: No Idea... Please suggest!

Computer: I have both Macs and PCs that I can use for this.

Lighting: Mix of flat pars, movers, and pin spots. Single universe.

Budget: I don't want to break the bank, but I will invest what I need to to get the funcationality I am looking for. I am just looking for good, accurate 3D renderings that eliminates me from having to set up my full rig to program.

Thoughts?

• Members
Not crazy about the price for compushow' date=' and I'm Mac based.[/quote'] Yeah Elation products can be pricey. But the quality of their product is always solid. So I buy a lot of Elation equipment. On many things you get what you pay for. For me personally an investment on an operating system is worth it.

Archived