Chauvet Q-Scan 250 Controller

superiorparts

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hey BillESC! It has been a while since I last thought about this subject but have become re-interested. I am currently using a Chauvet Obey 70 controller with the Q-Scans. Could I get by with just buying a Behringer FCB1010 Foot Controller and using with the Obey 70, and if so, how much difficultly will I have getting it programmed? Thanks in advance!

• Members
Hey BillESC! It has been a while since I last thought about this subject but have become re-interested. I am currently using a Chauvet Obey 70 controller with the Q-Scans. Could I get by with just buying a Behringer FCB1010 Foot Controller and using with the Obey 70, and if so, how much difficultly will I have getting it programmed? Thanks in advance!
Don't mean to butt in, but that's exactly why I went to a software controller. An FCB1010 and an obey70 are BRUTAL to work together. I have that combination. Tried to make it work, no go, way too complex for me, plus your programming is basically key frame programming, if you know anything about animation. You pick each destination point as a scene then put them together in a chase. With DMXIS you set oscillator limits and the lights will move back and forth or up and down etc as a single scene for however long that scene is on. My obey70 makes a handy doorstop and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with any kind of scanners or moving heads.

• Members
Don't mean to butt in, but that's exactly why I went to a software controller. An FCB1010 and an obey70 are BRUTAL to work together. I have that combination. Tried to make it work, no go, way too complex for me, plus your programming is basically key frame programming, if you know anything about animation. You pick each destination point as a scene then put them together in a chase. With DMXIS you set oscillator limits and the lights will move back and forth or up and down etc as a single scene for however long that scene is on. My obey70 makes a handy doorstop and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with any kind of scanners or moving heads.

No problem StratGuy22! I am the worst kind of newby at this kind of stuff. I was trying to get away from having to hook up so much stuff when we gig. I looked at the DMXIS. Do you program everything with your laptop and then use just the DMXIS and FCB1010 at live shows? I am just very unaware of how any of this stuff works! THanks for all your info!

• Members

I set everything up at home and did all the programming. The DMXIS software runs on your comp, there's an included USB - DMX interface to control the lights. Then you plug your FCB1010 into a midi - USB interface and it will let you select different scenes. You can use oscillators on anything from movers (pan tilt) to colors, dinners on the wash lights etc. all these scenes are controlled by DMXIS.

Archived