No announcement yet.

Speaker outs explanation.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker outs explanation.

I have a small mono pa head that I have used on and of for practice and stuff (not really big enough for full PA work). The outputs are hi fi style screw terminals.

I am not sure what all of the terminals do however - they are labeled as follows

8ohm (points to 2 terminals - the ones I use)
    com

There are also a few unlabeled terminals in the same strip which I assume are unused.

Wow, almost a year with no replies....

(Sorry, going through old posts).

Comment

I'll wager that one of the 8-ohm terminals is jumpered to the "com" (common) terminal.

70 and com will push a 70-volt distributed system. Each speaker on such a system requires a 70-volt transformer.

100 and com is the same as above, b/w 100-volt transformers.

The benefit of distributed systems is you can use a lot of speakers without worrying about impedance issues. Many of the multiple ceiling-speaker systems you see installed in restaurants and banquet halls are 70- or 100-volt.

Comment

Originally posted by moody
        I have a small mono pa head that I have used on and of for practice and stuff (not really big enough for full PA work). The outputs are hi fi style screw terminals.

I am not sure what all of the terminals do however - they are labeled as follows

8ohm (points to 2 terminals - the ones I use)
        com

There are also a few unlabeled terminals in the same strip which I assume are unused.
        Isn't common the ground,or negative and then the two that are marked 8 ohm,the positives?
        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
        -For Sale:
        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by tlbonehead
          Isn't common the ground,or negative and then the two that are marked 8 ohm,the positives?

Maybe it's supposed to... but I screw speaker lead to the two 8ohm terminals and get sound.....

Comment

Working...
          X