Is this gear OK?

• Members

Hi there,

I was hoping you could help me out a bit ... I'm a singer/songwriter looking for a as-good-sounding-as-I-can-get-for-$2,000 used PA for my 4-piece band, and I came across an ad for the following equipment. All is used and in excellent condition, and the seller is accepting best offer for the individual items. I'm still really new to all this, and am looking for some help on if any of this stuff is worth my time, and if so, what a decent offer would be for those items.

Thanks!

SL

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

$2K for all that stuff would be a smokin deal... but you'll need a truck to haul it all around.

Model numbers on the cabs would help some... but here's a stab at some fair market values:

1) 2 JBL single scoop bass speakers, long throw

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

l

13) Allen & Heath SR-424 24 x 4 mixing board

About $225 to $300 depending on condition and case.

Only $225 to $300 for a SR424 with case. Why so cheap? Are these considered good boards? I currently have an allen and head mixwiz 16:2DX

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by blackba

Only $225 to $300 for a SR424 with case. Why so cheap? Are these considered good boards? I currently have an allen and head mixwiz 16:2DX

2003 Orion Professional Sound Blue Book

Page 61

Allen & Heath

"Mixer 84-93 Allen SR-424 24-INPUT CHANNELS

New List: 4,400

Retail Used: $230

WHSL Used Mint: $126

WHSL Used Avg: $69"

That is what the professional appraisers at Orion have set it's used value at in 2003. The appraisals are based in-part on what the reported street values of equipment are (documented transactions between willing sellers and willing buyers). Beyond that, I don't know why they're worth what they're worth.

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

2003 Orion Professional Sound Blue Book

Page 61

Allen & Heath

"Mixer 84-93 Allen SR-424 24-INPUT CHANNELS

New List: 4,400

Retail Used: $230

WHSL Used Mint: $126

WHSL Used Avg: $69"

That is what the professional appraisers at Orion have set it's used value at in 2003. The appraisals are based in-part on what the reported street values of equipment are (documented transactions between willing sellers and willing buyers). Beyond that, I don't know why they're worth what they're worth.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help me talk the guy down from $700. I am a bit worried about the noise compared to newer boards though.

Archived