Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Reconing

Where is a good reliable place to get speakers reconed? Eminence, JBL, etc.....
    MrHotMark, the greatest unknown player in the business

you know its really so sad that reconing isn't around as much as it once was. my dad has 3 pairs of altec 19's that are in mint condition and we cant find anywhere around us to recone, terrible situation.

Comment

There is a guy here in OH who does it but he is a rather strange ranger with impossible business hours. I wish I could find someone reliable here also.

Comment

Try www.speakerex.com

or glen@speakerex.com

I've never used them but others give them high Marks. They were responsive to my emails as well.
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Steam/179028619290

Comment

Originally posted by ollie
          you know its really so sad that reconing isn't around as much as it once was. my dad has 3 pairs of altec 19's that are in mint condition and we cant find anywhere around us to recone, terrible situation.

Try MSR Speaker Reconing Service

(810) 238-2772
          1812 Beach
          Flint, MI 48503
          "You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered, pan-sexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."

-- Frank Zappa
          ---------------------------------------------
          Gear:
          '83 Am Std Strat
          Nelsonic Lester Atomic Series
          '71 Twin Reverb w/JBL's
          Roland Microcube
          ProCo Turbo Rat w/Keeley 3-Way Mod
          Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
          Mi Audio Tube Zone
          Morley Power Wah (hard wired AC)
          Boss RC-2 Loop Station
          Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Comment

I recone speakers at my shop, but we're about 3000 miles away from you!

It's important to find somebody who is REALLY good. Call the pro audio sound companies (one of the bigger ones) and see who they recommend.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Midwest Speaker in St. Paul seems really good. I've had some done there,including the old cast frame Eminence co-ax models with the horn mounted on the front,which are supposedly a bit challenging. They have worked perfectly for a couple of years and sound great.
              tlbonehead@yahoo.com
              www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
              -For Sale:
              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Hot Mark,
                A little closer to you would be Pro Sound Service in Braintree, Mass. These guys deal with a lot of drivers.
                www.prosoundservice.com

Comment

So... consider doing it yourself !!!

So... you mess the first one, or two, or three up?

If you can feed yourself without getting the fork stuck in your face... you can probably recone speakers (well... ones with larger voice coils and at least partially assembled kits anyway).

Call WVS in Fort Wayn Indiana at: 1-219-424-5463. They'll get you headed in the right direction with the goodies to do the job. I have a primer here if you're interested.

There's a lot of satisfaction in breathing life back into a speaker... even if it's not real purdy when you get done.

Comment

Working...
                  X