Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBT maxx series

Does anyone have experience about them? I

i dont feel they are a good quality of money, but they're very nice speakers!!!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">-ToM<br />
    <br />
    &quot;I would be honored to serve as your gumber&quot; -Gray Davis </div>

Comment

Heh,heh, sorry for my english, but, I believe you got my point.

Comment

I have only heard the Maxx 2, but that sounded terrific. Generally the FBT Maxx series gets good reviews here in Denmark. And here in Denmark you can get a Maxx6 for the same price of a EV SX300. The Maxx 9 sub is also a lot cheaper than the equivalent Mackie SWA 1501. But if you do buy the set, please keep us informed (at least me). I would like to know more about the sub, and how it performs.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Best Regards<br />
        Karsten Pedersen<br />
        </div>

Comment

I have the 4a. I think they sound very good for the price and the weight.

Comment

What would be your choice for the light active system. I

Comment

I looked at FBT at NAMM tradeshow and they looked to be better than average in that product class. We don't see much of them in the States here, but they seem to be well received in Europe mostly.

Comment

Look at the Yorkville NX20p for a lightweight active...I think about 35 lbs.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.fullsteamband.com/" target="_blank">Click here to check out my band: Full Steam</a><br />
                <br />
                <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Steam/179028619290" target="_blank">Click here for our Facebook page</a></div>

Comment

The FBT sound better than the Mackie SRM 450???
                  They have more clarity and warmth?

Comment

Originally posted by flanc
                    Look at the Yorkville NX20p for a lightweight active...I think about 35 lbs.
                    The FBT MaxX 4A is 32 lbs. Had them for 1 1/2 year now. Never had problems with them. I think they look great and sound great, gonna A/B to mackies tomorrow.

Comment

Bajazz, have you heard the FBT Max 2/ 2A?

Comment

Originally posted by Crooner
                        Does anyone have experience about them? I
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Dan<br />
                        <a href="mailto:dan@audioeast.com">dan@audioeast.com</a><br />
                        <br />
                        Audio East ~ New England Sound &amp; Lighting<br />
                        Authorized Dealers: Allen &amp; Heath, Audix, Audio Technica, Ashly, Crest, Crown, DBX, Drawmer, Soundcraft, JBL, Midas, EV, Klark Teknik, TC Electronic, Lexicon, CBI, Yorkville, Gator Cases, Whirlwind, ProCo, Shure, Chauvet<br />
                        <br />
                        Like us on Facebook <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Audio-East-Inc-New-England-Sound-Lighting/107437315944568" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...07437315944568</a></div>

Comment

Originally posted by rintincop
                          Bajazz, have you heard the FBT Max 2/ 2A?
                          No, unfortunately. I'm planning of buying one for monitor, to get the same sound as FOH.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajazz
                            The FBT MaxX 4A is 32 lbs. Had them for 1 1/2 year now. Never had problems with them. I think they look great and sound great, gonna A/B to mackies tomorrow.

Would love to hear how the A/B went as I'm looking at Mackie SRM450's, Yorkville NX550P's or FBT maxx4a's and your input would be much appreciated.

Comment

Would love to hear how the A/B went as I'm looking at Mackie SRM450's, Yorkville NX550P's or FBT maxx4a's and your input would be much appreciated.

Here was something I posted on a different thread. Somewhere in there it compares a bunch of speakers, which a guy A/B'd and posted his results. Generally, the concensus is that FBT sounds better than Yorkville, but they cost more to do that. Yorkville sounds better than Mackie, but cost less. I'd narrow it down to Yorkville and FBT...

The Yorkville NX550P outpowers the FBT Maxx4A by 150 watts, but they are a similar price.
                              B.

Comment

• Working...
                                X