remote-fed speakers?

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Elvin

Can someone tell me how I can take the output of my CD player and send it wireless to some remote speakers? I can't use regular audio cable, only wireless.

Thanks.

we rented out a wireless once, a wireless bodypack kit... and the guy hooked that up to his mixer, and set up the reciever in a remote location with the amp and speaker stack,,to be used as background muzak and as an outdoor paging system....he said it worked like a champ.. this was at the BMW facility in Greer, SC, for one of their big company picnic things....:D

• Members

We do this regularly using body pack transmitters... a couple of comments and warnings though!

1. Be sure that either the body pack does not transmit condenser mic bias voltage (polarizing for electrets) to your CD player, either use a body pack that allows seperation by a special adapetor cable (Audio Technica has both mic and instrument inputs that can be mixed! Instrument input has no phantom power)

2. Make a cable that has power blocking capacitor and bleeder included.

3. With most portable CD players, you can no longer y the outputs to get a mono L+R signal due to special low voltage line drivers being used now, so resistive summing is needed, or use only L or R.

4. You set your transmitter gain and CD output level to prevent overmodulation of the RF carrier. That's what the RF meters are for on the better units!

5. The receiver has a tone key squelch, otherwise unattended, if you lose carrier you will get nasty (and possibly damaging) noise.

6. You must then level math your wireless receiver to your remote sound system (powered speaker etc)

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Audio Techinca 3000 series with their instrument cable would be a good choice. The 1400 series would also work well.

all of the wireless rigs in our rental program were Audio Technica 3000 series.... we had racks and racks of them,, they were a popular item, and normally, nearly all we had went out every weekend.. ( some churches rented big racks of them for long terms, or certain special programs)

Archived