Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange drum sticks- looked like paint paddles?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange drum sticks- looked like paint paddles?

Someone here once posted a link to some odd drumsticks that were terje friendly.

I'm interested in that product too, for personal reasons...
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Trooper #219!<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.thedangerrangers.com" target="_blank">The Danger Rangers</a><br />
    <br />
    DJ's on the radio<br />
    Karaoke in the shower<br />
    ¡Support Live Música! <br />
    <br />
    </div>

Vic Firth "Blades" if I remember correctly. Stick-type handle and "paddle" at the playing end. All plastic. If you use the flat side, it's a little louder than a brush, using the edge of the paddle on cymbals gives a stick-like sound/response albeit much quieter.

More useless info: a guy in Kansas City invented them. He got the idea while painting a house and messing around with the paint stirring sticks he got with the paint. He built a prototype and sold the concept to Vic Firth. Chaaaaaa Ching!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><i>OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.<br />
    <br />
    Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.<br />
    <br />
    I call this phenominon &quot;dark ****************,&quot; and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.<br />
    <br />
    -scarecrowbob, 1/6/07</i></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Old Steve
      Vic Firth "Blades" if I remember correctly. Stick-type handle and "paddle" at the playing end. All plastic. If you use the flat side, it's a little louder than a brush, using the edge of the paddle on cymbals gives a stick-like sound/response albeit much quieter.

More useless info: a guy in Kansas City invented them. He got the idea while painting a house and messing around with the paint stirring sticks he got with the paint. He built a prototype and sold the concept to Vic Firth. Chaaaaaa Ching!

The guy that invented these is the drummer in my band. I was thinking, maybe I could invent an air guitar pick. Manufacturing costs would be really low. What do you think?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
      <b> &quot;Afterwards I wiped my tail with a hen, with a cock, with a pullet, with a calf's skin, with a hare, with a pigeon, with a cormorant, with an attorney's bag, with a montero, with a coif, with a falconer's lure. But, to conclude, I say and maintain, that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, tail-napkins, bunghole cleansers, and wipe-breeches, there is none in the world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs. And believe me therein upon mine honour, for you will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down and of the temporate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest the inwards, in so far as to come even to the regions of the heart and brains.&quot;</b><br />
      (from Gargantua, 1534)<br />
      <i>Originally posted by EVH_Sound:</i><b><br />
      &quot;...the purpose of iso booths in the studio is to allow seperate editing of the tracks in question without having to worry about matching up you edits between parts of the song with the same harmony. But you already knew that.&quot;</b></font></div>

Comment

I like it, the "air guitar pick".

Small world on the "blades" guy and your band. Hope I got most of my facts somewhere in the ballpark. My folks still live in KC and sent me a KC Star article on the guy.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><i>OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.<br />
        <br />
        Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.<br />
        <br />
        I call this phenominon &quot;dark ****************,&quot; and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.<br />
        <br />
        -scarecrowbob, 1/6/07</i></font></div>

Comment

Vic Firth's other product line is rolling pins...

<div class="signaturecontainer">... there's more guitar content and less annonymous cowards grinding their axes ...</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Old Steve
            I like it, the "air guitar pick".

Small world on the "blades" guy and your band. Hope I got most of my facts somewhere in the ballpark. My folks still live in KC and sent me a KC Star article on the guy.

Yea, you did. Good job.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
            <b> &quot;Afterwards I wiped my tail with a hen, with a cock, with a pullet, with a calf's skin, with a hare, with a pigeon, with a cormorant, with an attorney's bag, with a montero, with a coif, with a falconer's lure. But, to conclude, I say and maintain, that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, tail-napkins, bunghole cleansers, and wipe-breeches, there is none in the world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs. And believe me therein upon mine honour, for you will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down and of the temporate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest the inwards, in so far as to come even to the regions of the heart and brains.&quot;</b><br />
            (from Gargantua, 1534)<br />
            <i>Originally posted by EVH_Sound:</i><b><br />
            &quot;...the purpose of iso booths in the studio is to allow seperate editing of the tracks in question without having to worry about matching up you edits between parts of the song with the same harmony. But you already knew that.&quot;</b></font></div>

Comment

Working...
            X