Anyone use DAS Speakers...??

• Members

I don't know alot about them however, I have seen and used both the passive and the powered models. These speakers are very popular in my neck of the woods (Panama) and I understand from the guys that use them that they are very good speakers. There are several sound companies that use both the active compact 1 and 2 w/ and w/o the subs.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

just wanna re-open this thread....

Any thoughts.....???

And i found a quote from another thread i found in a search.... can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not this cabinet material is any good....???

"The DAS is made of Complex Aggregate Board. Could someone enlighten me? That's not something I've heard of before. Is it a fancy way to say mdf or cardboard?"

"Interesting....the only place I can find the term "CAB" or "Complex Aggregate Board" is related to DAS adverts. Sounds like they've attached their own moniker to particle board. If this speaker has to be moved or is in any way prone to exposure to moisture, particle board is probably among the least suitable materials."

Cheers

• Members

DAS has a very complete line and a very good reputation in Europe as well as Central and South America. I just recently purchased a couple DAS powered monitors (DS115A) and they sound very good. They are slowly entering the US market but lack marketing and online availability. The local dealer has a demo (10 boxes) of the new DAS powered line array which sounds very well balanced.

They have been making speakers for many years. If you have them available in your area, certainly check them out.

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by Drumtech

I don't know alot about them however, I have seen and used both the passive and the powered models. These speakers are very popular in my neck of the woods (Panama) and I understand from the guys that use them that they are very good speakers. There are several sound companies that use both the active compact 1 and 2 w/ and w/o the subs.

Vives en Panama??? Hablas espa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Medsy1

...if so....are they any good....??

Im looking into the pf series.....

Any info or thoughts appreciated....!

We do..:

We use for rental: 4x ST112 & 8x ST218 driven by the digam powersoft 7000 on low & Zeck/Q4 PT-9 on tops.

All driven by the LEMDX-24.

Sounds very clean, and the 218 go's very, very deep with lot's of punch.

We are waiting for the first das array systems here in the netherlands....

Greetings,

Peet

Archived