Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a Behringer PMX 2000 last Friday morning...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you using for mains?

Our band is still using ours for our vocalist. We actually miced our 2 guitar amps for fun with vocals (to even out the guitar sound in the room) and it still ran fine!

I'm planning on using the PMX as a monitor amp in the future if I need to get mains for us to use. I was thinking about a new amp and a pair of JBL SF15's, coming off the PMX's preamp outs, and then using 4 wedges on the PMX's powered outs (2 per side) for the monitoring.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Egoism dictates human relations<br />
    A world where fashion outshines morality<br />
    Here success is written in blood-red colors<br />
    Designed by the thirst for power<br />
    <br />
    Gather the faithful and propose a toast<br />
    To the epoch of indifference</font></div>

Comment

KipH, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think what you're talking about is possible.

You can't assign both powered outputs to one source, such as monitors.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.blindside-photo.com" target="_blank">www.blindside-photo.com</a><br />
      <br />
      </div>

Comment

Each PMX output would have 2 monitors (wired parallel) on it (I do this now in our rehersal room with 1 monitor on each side). The preamp outs would go to the new power amp with the mains coming off of the new power amp.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Egoism dictates human relations<br />
        <br />

Comment

Originally posted by KipH
          Each PMX output would have 2 monitors (wired parallel) on it (I do this now in our rehersal room with 1 monitor on each side). The preamp outs would go to the new power amp with the mains coming off of the new power amp.
          Does it have stereo mixer/pre outs? Also,do you control the volume of all monitors with your monitor/aux controls,or do you have to use the mains volumes for one side of the amp? Also,can you keep the effects out of all monitors this way and still have them available for mains? BTW,Andy,what are you going to do tomorrow night if it rains?
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
          <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
          -For Sale: <br />
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Mondo tent. . Not sure how big it is, but it's big.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.blindside-photo.com" target="_blank">www.blindside-photo.com</a><br />
            <br />
            </div>

Comment

As I said, I only have 2 wedges running off the mixer right now. I guess there would be some complications dealing with the different volumes though. Didn't think about that :P

I imagine I'll have to end up getting an actual decent mixer as well as seperate amps for the monitors, subs, mains. This isn't anything I'm worrying about right now though -- we haven't even gigged once yet. This mixer serves its purpose for now.
              <br />

Comment

this is good to know. i've got an MX602 that i use for teaching (plug guitar, bass, student's instrument and CD in and send it to a single practice amp -- FANTASTIC for a teacher on the go). The quality of the preamps is as good as the reviews i've read, and i became interested in the PMX2000. I was wondering about how clean the power section was, and you've answered the question.

i love when the forum does what its supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tutu-1
                  The quality of the preamps is as good as the reviews i've read, and i became interested in the PMX2000. I was wondering about how clean the power section was, and you've answered the question.

i love when the forum does what its supposed to do.

Hey Tutu-1,

That's a cool teaching rig you're using! Very clever.

I've been using my PMX 2000 several times a week for over three months now, and it's still working and sounding great. The amps are quite clean IMHO, and I've yet to see anything else available for the same price that can compete with it. As I mentioned earlier, we use it for a vocals-only P.A., but we also run a CD player through it during breaks, and it sounds great.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">My band &quot;The Executives&quot; website : <a href="http://www.theexecutivesmusic.com" target="_blank">TheExecutivesMusic.com</a></div>

Comment

Working...
                  X