• Members

I`m thinking about buying Cerwin vega:

2x EL-36 (sub, 18", 106dB, program:500W, peak:1000W)

2x V-152MKII (full range, 15", 103dB, program:300W, peak 600W)

What amps and crossover do you recomend for this?

How big place can I cover with this?

• Members

A couple of comments about CV...

1. Note that their power handling is not very high. Their version of program is somewhat conservative, but in my experience is about 1.5x the RMS power of the drivers, therefore I would size the amp for a little less than the program power rating.

2. The reason for the lower power handling is thatthe drivers and enclosures were originally designed for maximum efficiency... at the sacrafice of maximum power handling. To do this, they used 2.5" voice coils on their 12" and 15" drivers.

It's not bad, just a different way of combating the same problem that others deal with using sheerpower handling.

• Members

Originally posted by SoundtechSD

agedhorse, to go off on what you said -

Which technique is more effective? Max. efficiency or max. power handling?

It's definately a trade-off. The end result is MAX SPL, but you want to do this with the best possible sound quality.

This is the quandry with horn loaded LF and mid systems... great efficiency but naturalness of sound is adversely affected.

Generally, a combination of the two is the best bet.

• Members

If there will be better to have another full range speakers for this price? I have options just in Cerwin vega, Proel, Master, FBT, Behringer, Yamaha.

Will amp Master DP-3200 (2x720w(8ohm), active healing, limiter) handle this subs at the max power? And Master DL-1202 (2x385W (8ohm)) for tops?

I have option this speakers and amps for about 4800$.

I need to cover 15X15m dance floor and about 50x50m for easy listeners. Will that equipment handle this? Music will be dixieland.

Another question:

Mackie CFX-20 vs. Yamaha GF24 vs. Behringer MX2442A.

All mixers have similar price.

Thank you for answers.

Archived