New Yorkville System!!!! LS800P

• Members

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you guys that we finally settled on Yorkville for our youth ministry system. I found a store locally (Shelbyville,IN) that even beat Audioeast.com's prices... pretty freaking amazing!

Here's what we ended up with:

2 EF500P powered mains (15"x2")

1 LS800P powered subs (bought one more for the sanctuary that we can borrow for high SPL shows)

1 HQ231 ART EQ w/ Feedback Detection (like Peavy FLS)

1 Lexicon 110

Assorted cables

1 speaker stand and 2 poles for mounting over the subs when we have both

Got the whole thing for right at $2900 (not including the second sub). BTW, we were able to get one of these subs in... still waiting on the second. I know everyone has been eagerly awaiting their arrival. I don't have a ton of expereince with subs and what sounds good, but I can't imagine a better deal than what these are selling for currently. Ours sounds great. We are using it in the sanctuary tomorrow and then off to camp to use the whole system three times a day for the next week. It's a semi-outdoor environment (screened in shelter house). I'll report back here about the performance.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S.

Forget to plug the folks I bought this from (told them I would :) )

Music Works Group LLC

www.musicworksgroup.com

Nothing on their site now but contact info. They are in the process of moving locations and building the new web site. Eric Roberts is the guy I dealt with. They were very nice to work with and have given us the freedom to try the stuff out and return it if we want. A few of the guys were a little suspect in their technical advice, but brought the system out to demo it on location along with the unpowered E15's to compare. They're going to do rentals soon so if I want to add to the system to do larger outdoor events I can just rent a few more powered mains and subs and be set. Seems like a good company to do business with, especially if in the Indiana area. Don't know if they do free shipping like audioeast does, but perhaps?

• Members

yep looks god to me, word to the wise, be carefull at out door gigs, its easy to try and ask more of your system then it has (regardless of size) . if the systemis maxed out, don't try to push it, just sit back and smile!

Please report back after the tour (if you call it a tour , it makes it sound like you know what your doing). and give us the deatails about how well the stuff performed, and anything interesting that happend.

I wish you the best.

Kevin Nemrava

• Members
Originally posted by wjking

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you guys that we finally settled on Yorkville for our youth ministry system. I found a store locally (Shelbyville,IN) that even beat Audioeast.com's prices... pretty freaking amazing!

Thats Great .......it's good when there is a local dealer thats supports a line and gives a fair deal.........those dealers deserve your business!

That rig will kick some serious ass for the $$ and size!

• Members

Thanks for the good words Dan and everyone else who chimed in. I think this system is definitely going to meet our needs and then some. We did, however, encounter some problems last week at camp that I don't think were the fault of the Yorkvilles. I'll post a different thread about the problems we had in order to keep this thread on topic of the Yorkvilles.

I definitely think this sub is the way to go if you are looking at anything powered. You'd better hurry at these prices though, because I think they will be jacking up the prices significantly with the current demand. We actually got our second sub in today and I have yet to test it out. We'll be watching a movie in the youth facility tonight, so I'll try to find something that will use the sub. :) Lot's of 'splosions and stuff...

BTW, any thoughts on the ART EQ we ended up with? I've never used any of the other FLS type eq's so I have nothing to compare it to. It was quite educational to sit and watch the lights dance around as the music played... got to see where the vocals focused or bass, etc.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing if anyone else has put these speakers into operation and what their results have been.

Jason

Archived