Multiple monitor wedges -- how to chain?

• Members

I just recently started buying PA/Monitors for our band.. we have just had 1 wedge to start for vocals during jams, and I'm adding a second wedge this week. How do I put the second wedge on the same output as the first one? I assume there is some sort of "T" shaped adapter that will let me continue the output line.

• Members
Originally posted by KipH

I just recently started buying PA/Monitors for our band.. we have just had 1 wedge to start for vocals during jams, and I'm adding a second wedge this week. How do I put the second wedge on the same output as the first one? I assume there is some sort of "T" shaped adapter that will let me continue the output line.

You can use or make a simple "Y" cord to do that,but most cabs have dual parallel jacks for doing the same thing. Its called daisy-chaining.

• Members

Like mentioned, the speaker should have dual 1/4" jacks in parallel.

If not, the amp will also likely have dual outputs - or if using bananna plugs, they can be "Stacked" - just observe correct polarity when "Stacking". This will acheive the same result with a bit more wire (two "home runs" vs. one).

FYI - It is actually better to have each speaker on a single wire (multiple "Home Runs"). You probably won't hear a difference, but the effective damping factor will be increased if the amp can shunt the Back EMF for each speaker at it's outputs. This is more effective than if multiple speakers share the same "home run". This is most apparent on Subs.

Later :cool:

• Members

Yep, the wedges have dual input jacks. I thought that may be the way to do it, but something about reading "Input" and "Input" made me not think it would work ;)

Thanks for that extra info Randy.

Archived