Crown Microtech 1200 update:

• Members

The Good Guys the stereo and general electronics store??? Hope not.

Call Crown and find a real service center that does Crown PRO AUDIO. Otherwise you may end up buying a power transformer to replace an already good power transformer like the last chap did. You can always send it back to Elkhart for service too, I'd do that before letting a hack work on it.

• Members

I sent an email to Dave from Crown. The Good Guys said that their repair rates are $60 an hour, with a $30 estimate charge. So, the hourly rates are the same as if I sent it straight to Crown, and I'm sure I'd get better service from Crown anyway.

• Members
Originally posted by SoundtechSD

I'm not sure - however, here's Crown's independent service center page. Their full name is The Good Guys, Inc.

My wonderful Behringer UB2442 mixer died the other night(good thing I had a spare mixer along)and it is also being sent to the GOOD GUYS for warranty repair. I'll be crossing my fingers,mainly because it is a Behringer.

• Members

Andy:

The Good Guys in St. Paul, MN, has nothing to do with the consumer electronics chain. They are an authorized Mackie, Crown, Soundcraft, Crest, etc. warranty center. Mark Dopkins (the owner) is a friend of mine, and a hell of a nice guy. They're spendy, but they do pro-quality work.

• Members

Originally posted by bassknave

Andy:

The Good Guys in St. Paul, MN, has nothing to do with the consumer electronics chain. They are an authorized Mackie, Crown, Soundcraft, Crest, etc. warranty center. Mark Dopkins (the owner) is a friend of mine, and a hell of a nice guy. They're spendy, but they do pro-quality work.

Thanks for the clarification. On the west coast, Good Guys is something totally different as you confirm!

Archived