Presonus ACP88?

• Members

Just wondering if owners/users of the Presonus ACP88's have some feedback about this unit.

Likes? Dislikes?

We're eyeing one up for purchase and I haven't got a chance for a full-on evaluation during a show yet.

Thanks for any info-

• Members

This is an excellent piece of gear. I've had mine for almost a year and it works very well. Some of the soundmen that I rent my gear out to on ocassions prefer the Presonus to the DBX 1066 that's also in my rack...

• Members

Cool.

I have some 1066's so that's some good feedback.

Someone mentioned to me that they didn't like the fact that this unit (ACP88) has plastic shaft pots. I wouldn't think that this is a problem unless you beat the the hell out of your gear.....

• Members

I LOVE mine. I use the first 5 channels for vocals, and the last 3 for kick, bass, and pedal steel (this one used more as a limiter).

I've had nothing but flawless performance out of it. The only complaint my bass player has is that with his in ear monitors, he can hear the compression on the vocals and it makes him batty. FOH is dead silent, so I'm not too worried about it.

I need it on our vocals because 3 of the 5 are Crown headsets, one is a handheld wireless for open mic night, and the other is utilized to compensate for poor mic technique.

I wouldn't leave home without it. I'd definately get another one if this one were to get stolen or crap out.

Rick

• Members

i had one for a year or so...not the best sounding..but very practical...i basically looked at it as 3 steps up from a 3630..

i really liked the linking.. it was so nice to just have a a rack with a few numbered snakes for quick set ups

• Members

I've had mine about a year and I really like it. I use it for drums and vocals. This is the only gear that I own by presonus and I'm definitely impressed. The gates track very well.

I've got no complaints.

rocksld

• Members

If you can deal with all the knobs and switches jammed so close together go for it! It is kind of hard to adjust quickly in a real low light environment, the controls are close together. It's easy to accidently push a wrong button or switch by accident.

I really like the sound quality of the unit. I bought one last year and it worked wonders for the drumsets I've been using it on. Overall it is a good sounding unit and packs all those features into 2 rack spaces. I would like to get another in the future for vocals and guitars. That would eliminate 2 more racks spaces of gear.

• Members

I'm willing to forgo the cramped real estate of knobs in trade for efficient use of rack space.

Most people I've talked to have liked the sound quality, especially for the dollars-per-channel spent. I"m not expecting 8 channels of Distressor compression sound quality, but something that will be very useable for live sound.

Thanks for all the input! :)

Archived