Speakers for a theatre

• Members

I'm looking for 4 passive speakers for a theatre. Currently we have 2 crown amplifiers (Microtech 1200) with 2 old RCF Speakers.

The main use for the system will be for conference, cabaret and theatre... Probably nothing more complex than a man playing an acoustic guitar and singing or so on. If we have serious concert we call a professional service with his own system.

I have seen the Electrovoice SX300 speakers for around 500 euros each one, I think they could be good.

Do you think that they could be a good choice? Obviously the speakers will be hanged in a fixed place, I need four of them because 2 are for the ground floor and 2 for the gallery.

The theatre has a capacity of 440.

Do you think JBL is a better brand? or what else?

Thank you very much!

Bye!

P.S.: in the theatre we also have 10 JBL speakers (75 W) for the surround effects of the dolby system that can be used in conference for sound reinforcement...

• Members

Originally posted by Audioeast

For this I'd look at the Yorkville Elite E210

2 - 10" + 1" - very low profile with good dispertion

Hmm it's not so easy to find this brand in Italy, but I'll contact the local distributor for a deal near me...

Your opinion on the EV?

Thanks

Bye

• Members

You really need something that will be able to be focused. Look at the new Xlc Compact Line Array from EV. Integral fly points, very small footprint -- and they sound fantastic. You won't need the subs for the small stuff, but they can be added in the future.

• Members

Originally posted by RickJ

You really need something that will be able to be focused. Look at the new Xlc Compact Line Array from EV. Integral fly points, very small footprint -- and they sound fantastic. You won't need the subs for the small stuff, but they can be added in the future.

Yes the XLC arrays are really cool, but I think this solution is really too much for our budget...

500 x4 = 2000 euro with 4 sx300

One XLC127 in my opinion costs at least 2500 euro, the minimum number for array is 4, one array for left and one for right it means 20000 euro totally out of budget :( .

I've had also a proposal for a Nexo system for around 10000 euro but it has the same budget problem as this solution (and I know, also a lot more features like the XLC...)

Archived