rack mixer with effects?

• Members
Originally posted by mat

I am looking for a 1U rack mixer (4 inputs minimum) with minimal effects (delay, verbs) all in one unit.

I've found rack mixers that are 1U, but none with effects.

Does anyone know if such an item exists?

Thanks,

Mat (Washington DC)

---

The Silver Sessions

live drum & bass from dc

Never seen one.

• Members

i dont understand why this is such a big deal...4 channels and reverb ;) -electronically it's nothing....

is there anything extrordinary about this?

i am killing myself trying to find something like this

• Members
Originally posted by mat

i dont understand why this is such a big deal...4 channels and reverb
;)
-electronically it's nothing....

No,nothing extraordinary. But there isn't a lot of room in a single space,and also there probably isn't much call for a mixer like that. I'm sure someone could make such a thing.

• Members

Or one of those little four channel Behringer dealies. They're small enough that you could probably store it in a rack space, pull it out and stick it on top of the rack when you wanted to use it...

Why are your looking for a 1U mixer, if you don't mind my asking?

$.02

• Members
Originally posted by dirtyragamuffin

Or one of those little four channel Behringer dealies. They're small enough that you could probably store it in a rack space, pull it out and stick it on top of the rack when you wanted to use it...

Why are your looking for a 1U mixer, if you don't mind my asking?

$.02

I have seen single space mixers with XLR's and separate tone controls,etc per channel. Rolls,I believe makes one. But none with any effects.

• Members

Originally posted by mat

i dont understand why this is such a big deal...4 channels and reverb
;)
-electronically it's nothing....

The demand for this type of product is very limited... therefore why would a manufacturer want to design a product with such a limited demand.

That's unfortunately the way things go in a competative retail market.

• Members

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do with something like this. I'm sure that if you could explain what you want to do with such a device, some people may be able to steer you in a good direction. I've seen DJ mixers but nothing with effects. If you are actually trying to mix a band with this gizmo, it's probably not the best way to go. If you state your intention, I'm sure that there are quite a few people here that will be able to give you a few great suggestions. I've asked some silly questions here and have never been flamed for it. Give it a whirl and see what happens.

• Members

Basically i am in a band. Live Drum & Bass, none the less.

I play two synths, one normal synth (jp8000), and one midi controller w/ a sampler

i also run a theremin and vocoder -> all the items run in to a mixer sitting on top of the rig...but i'd like to simplify

i'd like to mix these going in to my amp via the rack just for sheer accessibility.

here's my rack setup now:

top 2 spaces - akai s3000

3rd space - vocoder

4th space - lexicon verb

i'd like to just replace the lexicon with a 1u line mixer that has a simple verb and/or delay so i can get rid of the mixer on top of the rig

thanks so much for everyone replying,

mat

• Members

You need to look for a used MOTU Mixer7 It's a MIDI controlled 1 space mixer, i believe it's 7 stereo channels (old keypaler had one) but it's got MIDI controlled digital EQ as well as noise gates built in, I believe.

I know the Dead were using them for personal monitor mixes (each guy had his own Mixer7 and a Laptop to control his own monitor)

Tim

Archived