Which monitor should I buy?

• Members

I am getting ready to buy new monitors for my church? I am looking at 15', because I run all my instruments direct through guitar pods, bass pods, and di box. I will be using them for vocal, band and choir. I don t like jbl sound factors and there are many companys I hae never used like community, squier, and such.

I am leaning towards the ev eliminators or yamaha club series.

I need a minumum of 300rms, 600 peak. thanks

• Members
Originally posted by JUDAH

I am getting ready to buy new monitors for my church? I am looking at 15', because I run all my instruments direct through guitar pods, bass pods, and di box. I will be using them for vocal, band and choir. I don t like jbl sound factors and there are many companys I hae never used like community, squier, and such.

That is one huge monitor!:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by JUDAH

I would suggest the Yorkville Elite 600M monitor if your on a tight budget....2nd choice would be the Peavey DTH(QW is the newest model) monitor(biamp)..good stuff,,,

you could probably build your own, if you did,, I would suggest a bi-amped 2x12"/2" horn...,if you were so inclined,,, or, maybe check out what's available here.....the carry mostly just high quality stuff... helpful folks as well.....

http://www.hticsproaudio.com/

• Members

if your church is dead serious about the Praise & Worship thing.... I would strongly suggest using pro grade equipment, and try to stay away from the M/I stuff..... in the long run, the pro stuff will be much more durable, and have much higher performance parameters and limits...and in the short term, it will SOUND better....

perhaps you should be consulting with a local pro-sound company in your area..... their experience and advice, and service after the sale would be invaulable.....they can help you integrate new equipment properly into your existing situation much better than anyone else...

:D

Archived