Enough to Make Me Want to Cry

• CMS Author

I stopped in at the local Sam Ash last night and browsed the PA area. There, much to my surprise, was an SR4732x, just the one I'd been talking about, on clearance, $1,249.

There's always a catch, you say?

It's literally "just the one".

I swear I'm going to drop music and take up model trains as a hobby.

• CMS Author

True on both accounts guys.

I just called the store back and asked them to see if any others are available. It appears they are all on clearance, and any stire with a single unit might be able to ship it up here.

Of course, this possibility is tempered by the fact that the "Dolly Parton" ultra HF driver is blown on this one. I'm working them for an even lower price....anyone know what one of those drivers goes for, or how likely a warranty claim would be paid ?(these are "new" but store demo's).

• Members
Originally posted by Craigv

True on both accounts guys.

I just called the store back and asked them to see if any others are available. It appears they are all on clearance, and any stire with a single unit might be able to ship it up here.

Of course, this possibility is tempered by the fact that the "Dolly Parton" ultra HF driver is blown on this one. I'm working them for an even lower price....anyone know what one of those drivers goes for, or how likely a warranty claim would be paid ?(these are "new" but store demo's).

Is it the baby cheeks tweeter that is blown? It is weird that they would sell it that way. It should be under warranty unless it was blown by stupidity(possibly?:cool: )at the store and JBL won't honor it? I assume that a true JBL diaphragm might be in the $100 range. The other guys here would know better. I find it odd that they would sell it as a new demo with a blown driver. Doesn't add up,IMO.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Is it the baby cheeks tweeter that is blown? It is weird that they would sell it that way. It should be under warranty unless it was blown by stupidity(possibly?
:cool:
)at the store and JBL won't honor it? I assume that a true JBL diaphragm might be in the $100 range. The other guys here would know better. I find it odd that they would sell it as a new demo with a blown driver. Doesn't add up,IMO.

Yes, that's the driver in question. It's a closeout/clearance item, but I'm assuming that the repair could be warrantable unless there's some way for JBL to prove negligence/abuse/etc.

If it's $100, that'd be great, but in a $1,900 cab I fear it to be more like $300...

Archived