dedicated sequencer to replace mac for gigs...help?

• Members

i have been running a yamaha dx7, korg ex 8000, Emu emax, roland tr505, yamaha rev6 with cakewalk metro on my first generation g4. moving the large monitor and the tower is becoming a problem. i don't have the money for a laptop and would prefer using hardware as opposed to the software sequencers of today. i'm looking for advise on a sequencer that will suite my needs....i have been told that there are some keyboards with onboard sequencers that will do the job. so far the specs i need are...at least 8 tracks (i don't know how many notes i'm using....) , some sort of removable media(for remixes and change of set) it must also be able to carry pitch, modulation, attack....and so on.....i also need to be able to record the sequences to the onboard from the g4 since that is where i create them.......last but not least i would like it to have some sort of stop start foot switch....................................................................................................................i'm having a really hard time researching these things on line. if you have any experience and know of a sequencer that will pull this all off i will be forever indebted to you. thank you for your time : dinomightcop! and postcoital

• Members

I'd recommend recording the sequences and using a portable hard-drive based MP3 player. I'm in a band but sometimes the singer and I do a duet thing with backing tracks. We use a Createve Jukebox with MP3s we recorded from MIDI. The thing's about 4" square, lets you set up as many custom playlists as you want and hasn't let us down yet.

Archived