Learning Frequencies

• Members

I'm a bouncer/stage manager that is now learning sound, specificly monitors. I know how to adjust levels, I just need to learn what all the specific frequencies sound like so I can cut the ones that would cause feed back. What I've been doing recently is listening to mp3s on winamp with every frequency cut except for the one I'm trying to learn, any other sugesstions would be helpful.

• Members

How's about getting a GEQ for yourself? Just connect 31band X 2 GEQ to your PC or your audio system.

Peavey makes good GEQ called "Q231FX". This unit has the Feedback Alocater which you can find the feedbacking frequency. It's very easy. You can bring this unit to the stageside and run it.

YOSHI

• Members

grachuss wrote:

What I've been doing recently is listening to mp3s on winamp with every frequency cut except for the one I'm trying to learn

Unfortunately, music content is different from oscillation (feedback). Feedback is close to a pure sine wave.

I uploaded a set of pure sine wave MP3's in a Zip File.

Put them in a playlist and have them random play. Close your eyes and listen for a second, then open your eyes to see if you guessed right. Within a couple of weeks, you'll have trained your ear.

Archived