PA AMP ? how much power?

• Members

PA AMP ? how much power?

HEllo ALL,

I am finally going to invest in a power amp and wanted to be sure about how much power i need

I have 2 - 15" spaeaker cabinets rated 200 watts ea 8 ohms

2 - 15" cabinets rated 350 watts ea 8 ohms

1 - 18 sub rated 400 watts

What is the wattage of ammplifiers i should choose to run these cabinets? Is there a stereo amp that would run the four 15's mono and the sub ( through crossover)?

Ive pretty much settled on rmx Qsc Rmx unless ther is another alternative?

Thanks ,

Mike

Any ideas?

• Members
Originally posted by gluten

PA AMP ? how much power?

HEllo ALL,

I am finally going to invest in a power amp and wanted to be sure about how much power i need

I have 2 - 15" spaeaker cabinets rated 200 watts ea 8 ohms

2 - 15" cabinets rated 350 watts ea 8 ohms

1 - 18 sub rated 400 watts

What is the wattage of ammplifiers i should choose to run these cabinets? Is there a stereo amp that would run the four 15's mono and the sub ( through crossover)?

Ive pretty much settled on rmx Qsc Rmx unless ther is another alternative?

Thanks ,

Mike

Any ideas?

No idea. How are you planning to set all this stuff up? What model and brand of cabs. It looks like you need about three more subs too.

• CMS Author

TLB's got a good point about the sub. Not knowing what the cabs are, it's still a good guess that you've got a helluva lot more mid-high potential than low end. depending upon what ype of music you plan to play through this, and whether you intend to mic kick drum and/or bass, you might consider either getting the extra subs, or leaving out the lesser of the 15" pairs.

Assuming you want to use what you have here, you should pair two matching cabs into one 4 ohm circuit, the other pair into another, and run one bridged amp for the odd man out sub. 700w into 4 ohms per ch for the mid-high pairs should be safe, and I guess I'd get a 1,000w/ch into 4ohm, or higher, for the sub.....assuming you are going to eventually get your sub complement up to 4, and that you are VERY careful with that amp while using only one sub.

Archived