Anybody heard of PAS brand of speakers?

• Members

I rarely see any information on this equipment and wondered if it was still around. I noticed it first about 5 years ago at a well known pro audio company called LD Systems that distributed them. Just judging by their construction and sound , they seemed comparable to the lower line of Yamahas back then.I don't think LD Systems carry them anymore so I just thought I'd ask with the experts here about them.

• Members

Originally posted by swingbass

I rarely see any information on this equipment and wondered if it was still around. I noticed it first about 5 years ago at a well known pro audio company called LD Systems that distributed them. Just judging by their construction and sound , they seemed comparable to the lower line of Yamahas back then.I don't think LD Systems carry them anymore so I just thought I'd ask with the experts here about them.

I have, an 18 in. Bass Cab, 2x10 bass cab, and a 12" W/horn monitor wedge, all made by PAS from about 1980. All are still going strong.

BTW, PAS provides a lot of the speakers for SWR.

• Members

I believe that they've always made their own drivers, used to be fairly well known and were also known for a pretty decent pro-audio product.

Then a few years ago I heard some rumblings about quality control slipping badly for awhile (company was sold or something), and now you hardly see or hear them, although they're obviously still at it.

• Members

We play at a club that uses six PAS TOC RS 2.2 Mid/high packs, they rock! they have them flown in arrays on either side of the stage with eight EV MTL 1-X dual 18" cabs acrss the front of the stage.

Also one of my friends has a Nortenos band and they use all PAS cabs with Crown Macrotechs and it is a really slamming system, I'd love to run a rock band through it sometime to see what it can really do. He has 4 TOC RS 2.2's and 6 of the TOC dual 18's.

• Members
Originally posted by ATOMICDOG1

We play at a club that uses six PAS TOC RS 2.2 Mid/high packs, they rock! they have them flown in arrays on either side of the stage with eight EV MTL 1-X dual 18" cabs acrss the front of the stage.

Also one of my friends has a Nortenos band and they use all PAS cabs with Crown Macrotechs and it is a really slamming system, I'd love to run a rock band through it sometime to see what it can really do. He has 4 TOC RS 2.2's and 6 of the TOC dual 18's.

Both of the SF Sound companies that do sound/lighting for THE FIREFLIES are using PAS FOH cabs.

• Members

Hey TL, that Nortenos band plays down at the longbranch occasionally, they are called "Los Lobos Nortenos" they're really good. Man, what a system though, He's got a Soundcraft Series Two 40 channel, Macrotechs, KT Eq's... all in all, its a system I'd love to get my hands on.

• Members
Originally posted by ATOMICDOG1

Hey TL, that Nortenos band plays down at the longbranch occasionally, they are called "Los Lobos Nortenos" they're really good. Man, what a system though, He's got a Soundcraft Series Two 40 channel, Macrotechs, KT Eq's... all in all, its a system I'd love to get my hands on.

Must be a Sunday night Latino type of party band? Does Dickie still do the Latino parties up at the Lyndwood?

Archived