getting the most out of our P.A.

• Members

Ok i hope someone will help me here............

the P.A. we have is

4 yamaha 500 watt (1000 watt max) 2 way trapizioid cabs 8 omes

peavey 1.3k power amp 650 @4 omes..1000@2 omes i believe

berringer 12 channel board

i would like to know the best way to hook this up and get the best sound and volume out of it. im not sure if the way we use it is the best.

we are trying to do sound for a place that holds probably 150 200 ppl are we underpowered?

We also have a berringer emulator does anyone know if this pice is worth hooking up for use in the pa ?

BTW i think i spelled Berringer way wrong and if it matters we play Deathmetal.

if anyone wishes to help it would be appreciated..thanks

• Members

What model Peavey Amp do you have?

Without subs, your asking alot out of those Yahaha 15's. With subs, and properly sized amps, the Yamaha's should be fine for a room with up to 200 people. Those speakers are rated 250/500/1000 so you want to give them 1.5 to 2 times the RMS rating. That equates to 375 to 500 watts each. Again, I'm not sure if the Peavey amp you have will do that but can check further if you report back the model number.

Give me more info on the "Behringer Emulator". Are you talking about the VAMP (Guitar) or the Bass Vamp or the DI with cabinet emulation?

Frank

• Members

I found the Peavey 1.3K amp specs; it does 400watts per channel into 8 ohms. That will be real good for your Yamaha Speakers (just use a pair of them and use the other pair for floor monitors).

For Subs, check out the Yorkville stuff at:

http://www.audioeast.com/subs.htm

Call/email Dan and let him know you are a HC board regular and he'll cut you a deal.

Oh..that Behringer Ultramizer is some kind of limiter/compressor that you're probably better off leaving out of the signal chain for a while. Keep it very simple at first!

Frank

Archived