• Members

Dear ALL,

I am desperately trying to find a few songs as instrumental

versions... I've been looking for them days and night, and the best

I found are MIDI FILES!

Only problem, I can't render these files and save them as mp3, wav,

aiff ...

I was wondering if maybe it is possible for me to send out these

files to someone, he/or she could render them (make them sound OK)

and send them back to me via email as MP3!

I am really desperate here, working on a cool project, that will not

happen if I don't find a way to have these songs!

I don't know if it is easy to do, ... it would be a huuuugge favor!

THANKS a million time in advance!!

Cheers to all of you!

Alyson :rolleyes:

• Members

Do the MIDI files sound OK? My experience with MIDI files I've downloaded is they need quite a bit of work to sound OK (editing velocities, sustain, instrument choices, etc). I wouldn't mind taking a few MIDI files and "rendering" them to MP3's, but I'm not up for a bunch of editing/mixing. A couple things:

1). Have you listened to the MIDI files and if so through what synth/soft synth?

2) How many songs do you need rendered?

3) Will your email inbox accept a 4 or 5MB MP3 file...multiples?

Frank

• Members

Hello Frank,

First of all, let me thank you for your quick response! I was very happy to read you!

1) I listened to the MIDI files with a shareware I found on the web ("MIDIGraphy") and it doesn't sound too bad, just a little flat/weird.

I am not used to work with MIDI files, so I don't know if the quality is good enough, and also if it would take much time to edit/mix in order to render the files! And I totally understand that you don't want to spend hours on this ...

2) I have 6 songs. (6 files) and 3 of them are important. And for the other ones I can always try to play them with my brother (piano+guitar). So 3 would already be fantastic!!!!

3) I have a website with a personal email account and I can accept quite some "heavy" files. So I don't think it would be a problem!

So if you're willing to take a look at my files, I can send them to you via email, and then you tell what you could to do or not. I really don't want to bother you and I don't want this to take you too much of your time.

Let me just say "THANK YOU" !!

(thinking there might be a chance ... it just makes my day!)

Talk to you sOOn!

kind regards,

Alyson

:)

Archived