Help w/Behringer Eurorack MX2004A...!

• Members

My friend brought over a Eurorack MX2004A mixer. It has 8 mono mic inputs with inserts, and an Alt 3-4 sub mix channel. Can someone familiar with this unit tell me if it's possible to use this mixer to have:

1) a main mix of 2 vocal mics, and some instrument mics, and

2) a separate monitor mix of the 2 vocal mics only

I think I can take a signal from each mic channel's insert jack and route it to a separate channel, sending that separate channel to the Alt 3-4 mix to the monitor amp. But that kills a couple of the channels which I might need. Is there a way of using the Aux 1 or Aux 2 as a monitor send? If so, can you explain it to me in some basic terms? I'm not real sharp about this stuff, so I really appreciate your patience and help.

Thanks.

• Members

most definitely.

plug in as you would normally. let's say your vocal mics are in channels 1 and 2, instruments, umm, 3, 4, 5.

mix them normally and use the main mix (L/R) outs for the main mix with the instruments.

turn up the aux 1 send on channels 1 & 2 - vocal mics - and use the aux 1 out as your monitor send.

there might be a master aux 1 level knob - i cant remember for sure - turn that up too, if there is one.

that's all there is to it; feel free to ask away if you have any more Qs!

AS

• Members
Originally posted by ariscorkos

My friend brought over a Eurorack MX2004A mixer. It has 8 mono mic inputs with inserts, and an Alt 3-4 sub mix channel. Can someone familiar with this unit tell me if it's possible to use this mixer to have:

1) a main mix of 2 vocal mics, and some instrument mics, and

2) a separate monitor mix of the 2 vocal mics only

I think I can take a signal from each mic channel's insert jack and route it to a separate channel, sending that separate channel to the Alt 3-4 mix to the monitor amp. But that kills a couple of the channels which I might need. Is there a way of using the Aux 1 or Aux 2 as a monitor send? If so, can you explain it to me in some basic terms? I'm not real sharp about this stuff, so I really appreciate your patience and help.

Thanks.

Yep,that's what the aux out is used for. Use one for effects and the other for a signal to the monitor amp. Then control your monitor mix(what you want in the monitors and how loud)with the corresponding aux control on each channel.

• CMS Author

See? They're never happy!:D

To do that, you'd need three separate auxiliary sends. I think that's one more than this board has. However, if you can live with have both reverb and delay on vox only, then you can simply use these effects in series on the one aux send/return. Probably this would sound best anyway (I don't like so much reverb on instruments), but that's just my prejudice. ymmv.

• Members
Originally posted by ariscorkos

You guys are the greatest ...thanks!

Any way to use the insert jacks to get a separate effect only for the vox?

Sure. That is kind of like an aux send/return for just one channel. But realize that each channel will need it's own effects unit.

Archived