soundtech gear

• Members

I'm looking for general feedback or testimonial's on SoundTech (U.S. Music) pro-audio gear.

Good or bad is fine. I just want to know what it is like and if it's worth any investment in time and money.

Clbe

• Members

Like a lot of their comparably-priced competition, they are not the most rugged things on the market. (Notable exception: Peavey takes a beating.)

I once opened up a brand-new, fresh-out-of-the-box SoundTech console to troubleshoot a power supply problem and found a factory-installed cardboard Jiffy cornbread box as an insulator between the power supply's PC and the mainframe. The case's flex had broken the PC board in half.

• Members

We use a Soundtech 8 channel powered mixer for band practice. It's a discontinued model purchased via ebay for a couple hundred bucks. 200W @ 8 ohm, 300W @ 4 and 400W @ 2. Convection cooled, but is pretty heavy and well built.

Just bought a used PS 802, but haven't received it yet. Frankly this is the only Soundtech item that regularly surfaces here. It's a fairly unique blend of light weight, small size and usable wattage. Suitable live for a pair of efficient 12" monitors at 8 ohms or can be used at 4 ohms or 8 ohms bridged.

Their speaker offerings seems hum drum, although I have never used, heard, or read anything about them (which may tell you something right there). Apart from the PS802 nothing in their line seems to stand out as an exceptional value

Archived