PA system needed

• Members

right now we (7-piece ska band) are using a guitar amp for horns and vocals, so anything is an improvment. we dont have alot of money, about 600 if we are lucky, and we would like to buy it new, I dont really feel like hassling my off to bid.

any suggestments on what I should be looking for??

• Members

Sorry to be vague, but you might benefit from buying a single nice powered speaker to start. Make sure it has multiple inputs so you can put several of the instruments through it. As you save more money up, buy another powered speaker and then an adequate mixer.

• Members
Originally posted by fancynapkin

right now we (7-piece ska band) are using a guitar amp for horns and vocals, so anything is an improvment. we dont have alot of money, about 600 if we are lucky, and we would like to buy it new, I dont really feel like hassling my off to bid.

any suggestments on what I should be looking for??

Its really such a terrible hassle to bid?:confused:

• Members

how is that trying to help?? you think asking about a specific PA system will give me the answer I am looking for! I {censored}ing know that fenders make {censored} PA's, as they do amps and guitars.

are you really that {censored}ing retarded?? THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PA PACKAGES.

I want to know which ones are good. asking a {censored}ing question for yourself isnt gonna {censored}ing help me.

you remind me of a mexicano I once knew. I murdered him and threw his remains in a stove.

• Members

how is that trying to help?? you think asking about a specific PA system will give me the answer I am looking for! I {censored}ing know that fenders make {censored} PA's, as they do amps and guitars.

are you really that {censored}ing retarded?? THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PA PACKAGES.

I want to know which ones are good. asking a {censored}ing question for yourself isnt gonna {censored}ing help me.

you remind me of a mexicano I once knew. I murdered him and threw his remains in a stove.

I figured f you were smart..you'd look around in their and find one yourself..Or if you were the GENIOUS you are..you'd do a search on it:rolleyes: *sigh*

• Members

Hostility is running a muck in here these days. I think that what everyone is trying to tell you that if you wanna do it right, you're gonna have to figure out how to come up with more money. A 7 pc band is a pretty sizable band. You are looking at around 12 mics for the whole deal. That, alone, can cost you more than the $600 that you have. Are you only trying to run Vocals and horns through this or what do you want to try to put through the PA? You might be best served buying used. We all run into these problems. With a limited budget it's hard to do it all.

• Members

anyway..before we get TOO hostile..what KIND of PA did you want?did you want the bigger speakers..or just a standard sized one..

AND..which one?

Acessory

Passive

Active

Subwoofer

ANYWAY..I know where you can get some

http://www.compufind.com/wanted.html

and someone on here http://www.jaxbands.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2178 is selling it for 100$ more..You're welcome.:D

• Members

and someone on here
is selling it for 100$ more..You're welcome.

I'm just curious but how are you gonna put a 7 Pc band through a 150w 6 channel mixer? Girlfriend.........you're a little out of your element here. My monitors are pumpin 260w alone and my setup is small. With a 150 watt system, you probably wouldn't be able to get the vocals loud enough to get over a 7 pc band. Please, for the love of God, Jade...........hang out for a little while and read alot. I come here every day and the more I'm here, the less I find I know.

• Members

thanks for the crosspost {censored} face.

$600 is a bit overkill. Start thinking $400 then get back to us. You are neither wealthy via money nor common sense. Good luck to you.

• Members

Originally posted by JadeB

I figured f you were smart..you'd look around in their and find one yourself..Or if you were the GENIOUS you are..you'd do a search on it:rolleyes: *sigh*

wow, you really think that all PA systems are the same? its not hard to go on to musciansfriend and pick out a 600 dollar PA system. I want to know which ones are good. if we could all go out and pick one for ourselfs, this site wouldnt exist.

and I didnt ever say that I was a genious either, but compared to you, im starting to feel like one.

• Members

Ok, while I feel like a jackass helping you because of your rudeness, I will tell you this. YOU WILL NOT FIND A DECENT PA for 600 bucks. SORRY...

For your kind of band, you will have to spend 2500.00 at the LEAST to get a DECENT SOUND... thats not counting mics, crossovers, prossesors, mixers, etc etc etc.....

Take that 600 bucks, get some gigs.. hire a sound man with the money and save what you can from the gigs.... Thats the way most of start off....

• Members

Originally posted by drummer_jay

Ok, while I feel like a jackass helping you because of your rudeness, I will tell you this. YOU WILL NOT FIND A DECENT PA for 600 bucks. SORRY...

For your kind of band, you will have to spend 2500.00 at the LEAST to get a DECENT SOUND... thats not counting mics, crossovers, prossesors, mixers, etc etc etc.....

Take that 600 bucks, get some gigs.. hire a sound man with the money and save what you can from the gigs.... Thats the way most of start off....

what about the fact that we are all 16 and dont get paid for gigs??

• Members
Originally posted by drummer_jay

Or get a second and/or third part-time job to get some extra jingle so you can get something halfway decent. And learn as much as possible. The best way to get a good deal is to be knowledgeable enough to recognize one.

• Members

ya know what, hows this idea, first we will buy a behringer B300 speaker (I know all of you hate behringer) and we can use that with our 4 channel mixer, which would be 3 mics for horns, 1 for vocals, which is fine for us.

then we could get another B300 and a mackie 8 channel mixer,

if anyone knows any better alternatives for the B300, tell me please.

Archived