Gigging with the SWR California Blonde

• Members

I have a small acoustic show to do and want to use my SWR California Blonde but as both a acoustic guitar amp and a vocal amp. Has or does anybody gig with this set up on a regualr basis. I have had the amp for years,but haven't used it much. For guitar it's very good, for a vocal amp it's ok. The analog reverbs is kind of a weak point. I have also noticed that the it has a lot of bottom end and the bass need to be turned down a bit on both the vocals and the guitar or the reverb really sound like crap.

Any suggestions and settings that might be helpful would be appreciated.

I am using a martin 00016 with the Fishman blend systyem and singing through a sm 58 which seems to be a good vocal mic for the job and not to bassy

• Members

It's a relatively nice sounding acoustic guitar amp and I'm tweaking the tone each day I reherse. The first few days I ran way way to much bass in both the guitar and vocals, I was sounding pretty bad. It has huge bottom end and was designed as a acoustic bass amp.

I'm gonna keep refining my tones for the show. It's the evening of Thanksgiving and not many folks are willing to play, but the guy that owns the bar called me last year and a friend and I did a duo thing. This year my buddy can't do it, so I'm by myself. The job pays to well not to take it.

It's a nice gig as lots of people are back in town to visit friends and family.

Archived