I need a powered mixer w/ effects for an acoustic gig

• Members

I am looking to purchase a good reliable powered mixer w/ effects. I like the Behringer PXM 2000 I have always had good results with thier products in my home studio- I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge or reviews on this- or can recommend a good one? I definately like the price of the Behringer:D

Please let me know

• Members

If the PXM 2000 is the limit of your budget, then "good" isn't really achievable. If "reliable" is what you need, then you may not want to risk buying the Behringer, although I haven't heard anything bad about the PXM 2000, yet.

If what you want is really "cheap and reliable", look at Peavey. Nothing fancy, but they pretty much perform as advertised and have a reputation for being pretty indestructable.

If "good and reliable" is really what you want, I've heard consistently good things about the Yorkvilles, but they're a few more bucks.

Peace,

D

• Members
Originally posted by GUITKRAZY

I am looking to purchase a good reliable powered mixer w/ effects. I like the Behringer PXM 2000 I have always had good results with thier products in my home studio- I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge or reviews on this- or can recommend a good one? I definately like the price of the Behringer:D

Please let me know

You might also want to check with Mark here on the forums(Audiopile) He carries a decent looking inexpensive model and you probably won't find a more straight and honest person around. He might have a great deal for you.

Archived