Experience with Bose Personal Amplification System

• Members

Has anyone had experience with the Bose Personal Amplification System (the tall thin post like speaker)? I went to Bose's web site and forum but take anything I read there with a grain of salt. I heard it demo'd at Guitar Center. Sounded OK, nothing earth shattering but I could see it being convenient for medium loud indoor gigs. Pretty darn expensive.

• Members

Played a quick half court game of 1 on 1 basketball on one the other day ------- (Larry Bird from half court for the 3 pointer!!!! haaaaa)

sorry had to do it......

The Bose Portable basketball hoop..............

serously this subject has been posted recently ...do a search and there is a huge discussion on it.....

• Members

Originally posted by 3NoteDave

Has anyone had experience with the Bose Personal Amplification System (the tall thin post like speaker)? I went to Bose's web site and forum but take anything I read there with a grain of salt. I heard it demo'd at Guitar Center. Sounded OK, nothing earth shattering but I could see it being convenient for medium loud indoor gigs. Pretty darn expensive.

Here:http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000388

• Members

The local GC here has one... unfortunately their bass module didn't work, so they had to send it back... not a good start I guess?

With a guitar hooked up to it, it did get pretty loud, and no matter where you went in the room it sounded almost 100% the same. I couldn't get above the thing so I don't know how quick the dropoff is. The base is much bigger than I thought it'd be.

It worked pretty good at relatively high volumes, but don't palm mute with a bunch of distortion... *cues the sound of two dozen tiny speakers farting* Seriously!

Archived