Fellow Forumite Rocks Waldorf!

• Members

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to go hear one of our fellow forumites play with his band "Full Steam" at Legends in Waldorf, MD.

The band started at 9:00 and, late as usual, I arrived right around 10:00. This worked out nicely, however, because the band was on break and I got to go introduce myself to Frank (aka "flanc" here on the forum). Frank was very friendly and immediately took my on a tour of his rig. He has a great setup that immediately made me drool and feel that GAS comming on. I must say I really had fun got a kick out of looking at his stuff and heing him describe it.... "Here's the speakers that I got from Audioeast... and over here's the amp that audiopile turned me on to.... and these are the mics that..." you get the idea. It was, as I said, great fun hearing all your names and seing the stuff you all helped him put together.

After the tour, Frank introduced me to his wife, Veronica. Veronica was absolute lovely in all respects. A beautiful woman and very very sweet.

By this time, the band was ready to start up again, so I got myself a drink and settled down to listen. Holy cow! These guys rocked! Frank and Veronicas vocals were outstanding and the band sounded great on everything from classic rock to smokey R&B to 70-80's dance music. I was definately impressed. Frank was a little worried after the first set because nobody was dancing, but by the end of the 2nd set the floor was packed and it stayed that way!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Frank an Veronica for having me down. They were soooo friendly and it was great to finally meet someone from the "Geek Forum" (as Veronica lovingly calls us :D).

• Members

Ahhh shucks...thanks for the compliments!

Hey...we geeks need to stick together and I really appreciate you coming out and giving us a listen. Veronica is standing behind me redfaced that I told you she refers to our forum here as the "geek forum". I am proud to have the propeller on my hat and the pocket protector serves a purpose...doesn't it?. :D It's truly a term of endearment focused mostly (ok..totally) at me for spending lots of time on the net yacking with you guys when I could be hanging out with her (quite the hottie!).

Thanks again Picker (Royce) for coming out checking out my "forum" rig. It truly is a collection of stuff inspired by the friendly HC Live forum geeks(Yorkville mains, Bullfrog monitors, Audiopile Amps and cabling, Peavey FLS Eq's, etc)

Take Care and thanks for the kind review!

Frank

• Members

Originally posted by bassknave

Gearheads all!!!

Ya Phill Keep tellin yourself that.......to our wives we are Audio nerds.......which brings me to the term Engineer.....i'ts very loosely thrown around in many different feilds of work ...but one common denominater is not a degree....its all engineers are nerds/geeks on some level........hey at least my kids think i'm cool!

(but their only 5 and 8 so that'll wear out soon)

Archived