crossover ?

• Members

I'm running a mono line into a behringer cx3400 and a single line out for the lows and another single line out for the highs - my question is can I run another line out for the highs out of the other output for the highs? I would like to add another amp and pair of speakers for a gig this weekend where I will be running the sound for another band.

rig is as follows:

1 qsc 2450 one side powers 2 ev force subs (low out), the other side powers 2 jbl sf 15' mains (high out).

1 mackie 1400i powers 4 12" monitors - 2 sf 12"

and 2 yammie 12"

if possible - the other high out will run 1 qsc 1300 amp to power 2 more sf 15" mains.

I won't be able to try it until the sound check and just wanted to know in advance if it can be done.:D

• Members

my manual is locked up in the mixer case and is not available at the moment - but do you mean I need to run out of the mixer (1604 vlz pro) using the left and right main outs instead of using the mono main out like I'm doing?

• Members
Originally posted by tilimo

my manual is locked up in the mixer case and is not available at the moment - but do you mean I need to run out of the mixer (1604 vlz pro) using the left and right main outs instead of using the mono main out like I'm doing?

Either that or "Y" into both sides of the crossover. Or you can "Y" at the crossover's output into the second amp.

Archived