Whats the best Program for live music? pc

• Members

Are you talking about mixing a show completely on your computer? I would say that probably, no matter what software you find, you are going to be too limited in your hardware. Too limited to be useful anyway. And I'm talking about things like preamps as well as just general inputs and outputs. You'd still need to carry around a (small) rack of digital preamps and stuff, which will take up much of the space you'd be trying to save by using a computer.

Or are you talking about something more along the lines of Smaart?

Can you provide us with more details?

• Members

well insted ogof you mixing the live vocals bass , etc...

the computer tells you what is the best.. tweak or setting

for the vocal or keys or etc.....

i have seen it .. a program like that..... but a was disconected from the music for 2 years and i m back and really want to know that stuff.. becuase i really need it...

• Members

Originally posted by chick korea

well insted ogof you mixing the live vocals bass , etc...

the computer tells you what is the best.. tweak or setting

for the vocal or keys or etc.....

i have seen it .. a program like that..... but a was disconected from the music for 2 years and i m back and really want to know that stuff.. becuase i really need it...

That's one heck of a computer program. I'm gonna guess that it didn't really do what you think it did. What you're asking for is virtually impossible to do.

-Dan.

• Members

O OOOOOhhhh FETCH....!!!!!!!!!! REALLY...

well its like having a virtual sound engenier....

is there nothing close to that are you really shure ...

i even hear it come from one concert engenier.....

he said that there is a problem with this hall but the computer has help us analize how to beeter mix it????

mmm..... fetch mmm soooo nothing close are you shure??

• Members

he said that there is a problem with this hall but the computer has help us analize how to beeter mix it????

It was probably some sort of spectral analysis software that uses white/pink noise and reference mics to figure out the tonal qualities of the room (i.e. reverberations and modes) so they can get a more consistent mix from the system.

-Dan.

• Members

it sounds like what you're talking about with that engineer is a real time analyzer (RTA). He'd be doing that to set the eq and find dead spots in the room.

and then with the drum samples, you sound like you are talking about any number of programs out there that make drum loops (frooty loops, ACID, etc.)

I don't think what you're talking about exists. it sounds like you're mixing a few things up.

• Members

well can you .....recommend any program any program

can help even a little... on live mixing

You're not listening and your question doesn't even make a whole lot of sense. Mixers mix. Programs run on computers.

• Members

well can you .....recommend any program any program

can help even a little... on live mixing or anithing that weill help

my live sound

any program??

I do have one idea - there's an Open Source program out there called iExperience made by a company called RealLife. The first time you run it, it may not work that well, but the more you use the Practice, Research, and HardWork plugins, the better results you'll get.

-Dan.

• Members

Originally posted by IsildursBane

I do have one idea - there's an Open Source program out there called iExperience made by a company called RealLife. The first time you run it, it may not work that well, but the more you use the Practice, Research, and HardWork plugins, the better results you'll get.

-Dan.

:D

• Members

There is no program like this, and there won't be for a long time.

Mixing is not something that is wrong or right. It's a matter of preferance. How does a computer know how loud you want the kick drum to be compared to the guitars? It doesn't. It's always going to be a matter of judgement which = human. (for now at least :eek: )

• Members

I m not lisening becuase im watching...... i think thats the problem

wait dont jump to 10....

somebody mention about pinlk noise ((rember i m new to this thing)i come here to learn))

and on the t.v there was a interview with the mix man...

and he was saying ,,,,...well this room does not have real good

acustics but our computers have help us with the blablabla...

and this was a big name concert....

• Members

I m not lisening becuase im watching...... i think thats the problem

wait dont jump to 10....

somebody mention about pinlk noise ((rember i m new to this thing)i come here to learn))

and on the t.v there was a interview with the mix man...

and he was saying ,,,,...well this room does not have real good

acustics but our computers have help us with the blablabla...

and this was a big name concert....

They were probably using Smaart or a similar program, or maybe just a Driverack or something. This can tell you a lot about the acoustics of a room, and how your sound is reacting with it, and some things have the potential to adjust a few things for you, like EQ, but it can only do do much. There isn't anything that will mix for you, and it won't fix your mistakes. It can only help you out, and tell you what you're doing (and not doing), but you have to know what it can do for you and what it can't. You can do the same thing with an EQ and a really good ear. Technology just makes things "faster," and more "accurate." But of course those are relative terms.

Pink noise is basically a sound containing every frequency, in relative amounts. The frequency curve of Pink noise follows the typical response of the ear, so it is useful for adjusting system response. It is usually played over the PA, then an RTA is used to see what the response is around the room, and you adjust from there. Some people do it by ear.

White noise, on the other hand, is all frequencies at even levels. This is not as useful in adjusting system response, because the higher frequencies are at much higher relative volumes than lower frequencies, which seem to be at lower levels.

• Members

Originally posted by B. Adams

White noise, on the other hand, is all frequencies at even levels. This is not as useful in adjusting system response, because the higher frequencies are at much higher relative volumes than lower frequencies, which seem to be at lower levels.

One correction: High and low frequencies will appear to be at a lower volume than mid-range frequencies.

-Dan.

• Members

Yeah, sorry I'm not getting much sleep lately. The midrange does seem loud, but the highs are a little louder too. You don't get any low range to balance it out. But either way it sounds really harsh. Pink noise is much easier to listen to, IMO.

I don't know if Bink will like me linking to his page, but he's got a nice Test CD with all this stuff on it. That page is here. If you want just pink noise, it's track 58 (but it's pretty big), and white noise is track 56.

I use his CD all the time, but it's a huge file to download, so look at the documentation and find out if you actually need it before you go downloading things. That's a lot of bandwidth.

Archived