Help with auction bid?

• Members

There is a small club in my area that is going out of business, and they are doing an (invitation only) public auction on all of the gear. I am only interested in the EAW speakers that they have. If I remember correctly they have (4) EAW LA325 tops and (2) EAW LA129z subs. The notice states that the system is just over a year old, and in excellent condition. I've only seen it once at a show. Since the place is closed, I won't be able to check it out until the night of the auction. Anyway, How much should I bid?

• Members

How do you propose the discman power the speakers?:confused:

Anyway, not sure if you can remove the grills easily so bring a flashlight to shine on the woofers and check for tears.

House PA's are usually ridden hard and put away wet. Hopefully you'll be able to listen to each speaker, one at a time, at near show volume to make sure thay work.

• Members

Originally posted by abzurd

How do you propose the discman power the speakers?
:confused:

PA speakers are efficient; there should be enough juice from the headphone out to determine if all the drivers are working or not. Still not as good as a proper full-volume torture test, but maybe all that you'll be able to do in the way of testing.

• Members

Just a heads up... a common problem when buying used gear out of a club (auction or not) is that sometimes the drivers get replaced with crap. I had a friend buy some Meyer boxes and he thought he got a good deal until he opened them up. Peavey replacement HF drivers!!!

• Members

What a rip off! The auction was for the entire system only. They did demo it before the auction, and it sounded AWESOME!!! I walked out when they got to $12K, so I'm not sure what It went for, but here is what I saw.

1-Allen&Heath GL2200 mixer

8-QSC-PLX 3402 power amps

2-TC Electronics M-Ones

2-TC Electronics D-Twos

4-dbx-231 equalizers

4-dbx-166xl compressors

2-dbx 234XL crossovers

4-EAW LA325 speakers

4-EAW LA118z subs

4-EAW LA212 monitors

2-EAW LA215 monitors

and a {censored} load of snakes and cables, wayyyyy too many to list.

How much would you all pay for all of this? Just curious.

• Members
Originally posted by agedhorse

Ballpark 12k-15k would be a fair price assuming everything was in good condition. (about $0.35-40 on the retail dollar)

Damn, I should have stuck around to see. I'm going to miss that place. They had an awesome sound man. All I ever took was just my bass and a chord, and I had warm, fat, tone all night. I don't know how he did it.

Archived