Yorkville NX250

• Members

Has anyone used or heard these? I'm looking for a pair of tops to go with a dual 15" subwoofer (also to be determined). They will be supporting a 4/5-piece jazz band of keys/drums/bass/guitar and possibly a guest sax every once in a while. They don't need to be super loud because my guess is that they'll be used more for ambient dinner music than real 'concerts'.

• Members

I have the NX550P and also use the NX350's. For not much more, I'd get the 350.

- It will handle 100W more program watts. The woofer has a 2 1/2" voice coil instead of 2".

- Is 3 dB more efficient (100 vs 97 @ 1w/1m)

- Is 5.5 lbs lighter

• Members

It's lighter, and more expensive, because it uses a neodynium magnet. These are much stronger and lighter. I absolutely love the 550P's. They have to be about the most versitile thing going. Amps and processing built in, efficient, small, great bass response for a 12", very smooth highs and doubles as a kickin' floor monitor.

The 350 is nice too. Super light, efficient (doesn't take a lot of watts for volume). Exceptionally smooth compared to the Yamaha Club series cabs.

My guess is the 250 and 350 are identical except for the woofer. - larger VC, better magnet, higher power handling, and of course, more expensive.

• Members

Thanks again. You mentioned that is was smoother sounding than the Yamaha's, which is good. I like the Yamaha speakers alot, I've always thought of the Club IV's as the chepest "real" speakers in the mainstream market (yamaha, jbl, ev, mackie). So if the York's sound better for not much more, I think I might be sold.

Archived