Power supply question

• Members

I know this isn't live sound - but this is the place where people know power.

Just got a recorder from the US and I was looking at needing to get a stepdown transformer for it.

However, the power supply has a standard kettle cord in and the following label:

Is this safe to use as is in australia (240v). From the label I can't see why not.

• Members

Originally posted by SoundMan

Looks like a universal switching supply that works with

100VAC - 240VAC input.

SoundMan

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Anyone want a US power lead? Just pay shipping?

• Members

Yes, that appears to cover the Australian situation correctly.

Speaking of the Australian power situation, it it true that voltages of up to 270 are not uncommon? I am doing some research and am hearing that voltage regulation on your grid is rather dicey and it can fluctuate from 220 - 270 volts. Does this indeed happen, and what do you do about it? What happens to equipment?

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Yes, that appears to cover the Australian situation correctly.

Speaking of the Australian power situation, it it true that voltages of up to 270 are not uncommon? I am doing some research and am hearing that voltage regulation on your grid is rather dicey and it can fluctuate from 220 - 270 volts. Does this indeed happen, and what do you do about it? What happens to equipment?

Not that I know off.

From what I've been able to discover, Power out here is as good or better than in the US. The stupid stories thread have stories of dicey power that I'd have never thought possible.

• Members

I can verify this one. I've even heard of voltages higher than that. I get these calls about my products running hot, then I find out they're giving it 270VAC at 50Hz, duh.

AH, you can email me for more specifics, not a lot more to the story but maybe I can steer you in the right direction.

SoundMan

Archived