Amp Racks from Musicians fiend

• Members

I've been looking at amp racks lately for my B rig. When I worked at GC I bought a Road Ready 12 space amp rack with the castor board. It's a good case but the wheels could be better. I need the same thing but I no longer work there and can't get quite the discount I used to.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040330001032024017067112039233/g=dj/search/detail/base_pid/540624/

There's an 8 space for 70 bucks in there, of course it doesn't say how deep! Anyway, I'm just drunk and bored cruising the net lookng for cases. In a perfect world I'd put a 14 space together with 3x dual 31eq's, Rane AC22b crossover, 2x PLX1602's, and 1x 3402.

Ideally my b rig would either use the Yamaha 01V or a Mackie 1604. I dunno, at least I need a second amp rack with 4 monitor mixes and enough power for subs and tops.

Anyone used these cases??

pete

• Members

I had two of them, a 6 and an 8 space, that I just sold today, as a matter of fact. I've still got the invoice for them in my living room, and I should go drop that off tomorrow. I still have access to them, so I could measure the depth and let you know what it is. It seems like it's somewhere around 18". I had a QSC RMX 850 in one for a show last week, and it fit easily, with a couple inches to spare.

These aren't the heaviest rails, but they may be adequate for an amp or two. I would suggest rear supports if you plan on moving them around a lot. The racks have rear rails, but the rails are a little thin compared to real racks. They're not the most durable, being as they're made of some kind of fiberboard, but I never had a problem with them holding up. I didn't work them very hard though.

They don't come with feet on the bottom, just on one side, so you might want to consider that if you order one. They also include some cheesy rack screws, that are a dull chrome color, but no washers.

I think they're a good deal for the price. I sold mine because I got ahold of a 14 space shock mount mixer rack, and I don't need them sitting around empty. But I sold them to my theatre, so I can still examine one for you if you like.

• Members

I have a 2 space and a 4 space. I just went out to my van and they're a little over 18" deep with covers off. I chose them over SKB and for my light duty work they've held up well, but I wouldn't go over four spaces...I don't think they're built THAT well!

• Members

Originally posted by mrcpro

I have a 2 space and a 4 space. I just went out to my van and they're a little over 18" deep with covers off. I chose them over SKB and for my light duty work they've held up well, but I wouldn't go over four spaces...I don't think they're built THAT well!

I would have to agree with mrcpro on this. I have a 4 space that I use for my eq's and crossover and it works well for that. I'm thinking about getting a 6 space in exchange for the 4 space so I can rack my cd deck. I'm not sure I would put amps in them, but I've also never tried.

Archived