eq recommendations revisited

• Members

Just wanting opinions. From searching it appears agedhorse and others aren't to fond of them for newbies. Is this correct? What would be your recommendation since I have no eq's, crossovers, etc. Would you still recommend individual pieces, or the driverack pa?

Thanks,

Rickr

• Members

Depends on what you're going to be using them for, and since I can't remember your original post, I'll be guessing. For FOH, I'd go with a Driverack 260 instead of a DR PA, and make sure you know what you're doing with it before you use it to blow your speakers. For mons, I'd go with the better DBX 31 bands EQ's, 1231, 2231, iEQ 31. Not that you should ever need the feedback thing on the iEQ, but it's a nice unit. The 2231 is a good one to look at.

• Members

Originally posted by Rickr

Do you think the 1231 is that much better than the 231, $150 more?

I'd say so. The 231 is pretty bare-bones, including shorter sliders. The difference between the 231 sliders and the 1231 sliders will make a big difference in easy operation.

• Members

If money is tight though, get the 231 for sure and maybe another for monitors. The xover in your amp will be ok, I'd concentrate on eq's first. I'm not a real fan of the drive rack only because the possibility to screw things up is big. Plus any eq that takes a few buttons to adjust isn't cool for ringing anything out. I'd still want a 31 band eq in front of the drive-rack for quick adjustments. The one thing we don't have on a gig is time and things that are quick and easy to adjust are best.

pete

Archived