Anyone has an opinion on the GLS AUDIO ES-57 mic ?

• Members

Sorry but it looks really cheazy. I tend not to trust mics lower in the ffod chain than a 57/58. Only ones I use are the SHS OM500 and SHS OM450 and those are dead knockoffs. Most peeps can't tell and I have to look for the label to know which is which.

For instrument mics that pickup noise they might not be to bad. I bought some V-Tech 1090's like 8 years ago that did pretty well, but when you have 57's around why use substandard mics? There are plenty of instrument mic options and now the market is seeing more budget instrument mics (thanx to the home recording craze).

p

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Ug, in my quest to try every crappy mic out there, the VTech 1040 and 1030's were really bad. Back in college the band I was playing in convinced my to buy a couple since they were cheap. It made noise but that's the only good side. I can't say enough about getting 57's or better when buying mics.

p

• Members

Originally posted by Unalaska

Ug, in my quest to try every crappy mic out there, the VTech 1040 and 1030's were really bad. Back in college the band I was playing in convinced my to buy a couple since they were cheap. It made noise but that's the only good side. I can't say enough about getting 57's or better when buying mics.

p

My experience as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived