No announcement yet.

Crackling sound P.A. system ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling sound P.A. system ?

What is the cause of this crackling sound coming from my PA system. Everytime I turn my system on I get this sound. All my cables are pretty new from Mark. My system pretty basic 3 amps a x-over and 1-DBX comp (new) and 2- DBX 31 band EQ (new) 1 EQ for FOH and 1 EQ for monitors and a new PV mixer. The only thing I think it could be maybe the x-over unit cause's this. Or my speakers which are Fender EL15 for mid/hi's. It only comes from the mid/hi's

There are plenty of culprits available, but - just a first guess - are you overdriving the channels on the mixer?

What kind of mixer do you use? Does every channel "crackle" or is it just one channel (such as the guitarist on a lead, or the lead singer on a loud passage)?
    I'm keeping in mind that that another term for scoring a lug song to sheet music is "staff infection".............
    the artist formerly known as DRF

Comment

The noise culprit comes everytime I fire up the amps and I mute all my channels before I run any signals thru them.

Comment

Hey Mark Tom here let me try your suggestion and I 'll get back to you. I let you know the results.

Comment

Alright I tried what suggested and I had a bad cord on the other end no noise from the amp rack but from the mixer rack thanks Mark sometimes I forget things, now I feel silly as hell for not checking the signal flow. Thanks for reminding me and your help.

Comment

No not yours one of my old patch cables but heck I've had that patch cable for eons. I remembered to color code my cables with some zip ties but noticed this patch cable didn't have a zip tie on it. Then found it on my recording gear and I switch out the cables and no more crackle and thanks Mark for your concern about the cables, I regard your cables as the best for the money they're similar to a monster cable but a fraction of the price and thanks again for your input.

Comment

Working...
            X