No announcement yet.

AB International amps opinons needed

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB International amps opinons needed

Just wnted to know more about these amps ?

Watcha want to know about them? I just might know a thing or two about the details...

How many would you like to buy? I've got 8 or 10 left to sell, and tonight there's a rack of 8 sitting right next to me that belongs to another sound company.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

what model are the AB amps? I think they are really decent amps. I have one and other then cleanings no problems at all.

Comment

I've got some well toured 710C biamped amps w/ 18dB x-over cards installed (your choice of freq) and 5 - 900A's in absolutely dead-mint condition w/ the latest electronics. e-mail me if you are interested (agedhorse@aol.com). I will warranty the 900's.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

I've got an 1100a that's been used for around 12yrs or more.The only thing ever needing repaired was a bad vol. pot.This thing is an "agedhorse" & absolutely rock solid reliable.
          I do have a ? for agedhorse.Is Mike[A B] Butler the friend of yours who designed this amp?I've seen his name on the pro sound forum & wandered if he was the person behind the design?

Comment

I do not know Mike personally, but he may have been one of the service dept guy. There was a Mike that worked there, but I didn't have much contact with the production folks. I have had no contact with AB over the past 5 or 6 years, other than one of the original owners. The company [changed hands] several times since then.

Comment

Agedhorse: PM me for models and prices of amps.

Comment

Please

Comment

I PM you AH about models and prices.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, I was out chasing cows all day. Your PM's are all answered so go check!

Comment

I have an AB 900 and love it. It's been very reliable and sounds great.

Comment

Thanks AH for PM me, I scored a 1100A for dirt cheap after reading this forum I bought it. These are huge amps and very heavy but it works great,and I really appreciate the input you guys gave about them. I didn't know that much about them until recently, seems that they have a good reputation in the SR biz.

Comment

Originally posted by twostone
                          Thanks AH for PM me, I scored a 1100A for dirt cheap after reading this forum I bought it. These are huge amps and very heavy but it works great,and I really appreciate the input you guys gave about them. I didn't know that much about them until recently, seems that they have a good reputation in the SR biz.
                          Congrats.Ours has been an excellant amp for years. They are very beefy amps,but I'll gladly deal w/ the size/weight issue for the realiability that it has given over the years.

Comment

I've owned about 30 or so, including some protype 6 channel units that are now exactly 10 years old and still functioning flawlessly.

Comment

Wow, AH I guess if you own that many they must be pretty good

Comment

Working...
                              X