Yorkville PowerMax 22

• Members

Certainly one of the more robust powered mixers in the market right now and would probably work well for you. However, it is pretty pricey and you could easily get a couple decent QSC amps and passive mixing board (Peavey RQ, A&H) with more auxes and routing options for about the same price that may be more flexible for you down the road.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I use a powermax 16. its veyr cersatile for the amps and the powered it offers, but if you want to go outside the box, in terms of using external processing, compressors, eqs ect. it can get to be a headache. so if u want somthing simple then great, if your veyr picky about your art then i would think twice!! also... the line level outputs are post fader.. so if u ever run other amps along with this mixer it can be a nuissance!! One last thing, I baby my power max with lots of care, and yet it still breaks down.. that sometimes is really problematic considering it contains botht he mixer and the amps.

• Members

I use a powermax 16. its veyr cersatile for the amps and the powered it offers, but if you want to go outside the box, in terms of using external processing, compressors, eqs ect. it can get to be a headache. so if u want somthing simple then great, if your veyr picky about your art then i would think twice!! also... the line level outputs are post fader.. so if u ever run other amps along with this mixer it can be a nuissance!! One last thing, I baby my power max with lots of care, and yet it still breaks down.. that sometimes is really problematic considering it contains botht he mixer and the amps.

I find using outboard EQ and effects VERY easy to hook up with the power max,why do you get a headache? there is power amp insert in and out its a breeze

• Members

the power max 16 only has 6 inserts.. where as say a mackie cfx 16 has inserts on each channel.. aside from the main power amp inserts inserts..

its not that big of a deal, im just crossing sum of the flaws i found.

for detailed applications sumtimes i find myself limited.

• Members

the power max 16 only has 6 inserts.. where as say a mackie cfx 16 has inserts on each channel.. aside from the main power amp inserts inserts..

its not that big of a deal, im just crossing sum of the flaws i found.

for detailed applications sumtimes i find myself limited.

aw yes I see what you meen When I did this gig i just inserted EQs in the main and mon. amps, yes it would be nice to have inserts in all channels

So your selling your powermax? I live on vancouver island.

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Hi there, we are new to Forum, i try the new post it didn't work, and hopefully you guys can guide me to right direction. We have a Yorkville Powermax22 1st generation, amp (A) has a yellow light ( on) and is not working, everything else works fine, probably an overload light or something, we don’t know, really a great Mixer.. Any idea what can cause this? Is there any hard reset on this mixer? We really appreciated your help. Thank You

• Members

After checking the manual, you should check in with Yorkville support. I get same-business-day return e-mail from them, and the guys that check that inbox are technical people, not button-pushing zombies.

Archived