anyone ever use these

• Members

Lab 12 sub form eminance. THey look like a car woofer but say they are for bass horn enclosures and can out do 6 to 8 regular 18" subs. I found them on parts express. If they work like they should I have a couple of EAW bass horns they would be great in.

• Members

Beware of claims that lack all the details.

First of all, I think the claims are most accurately reflected that with a clustering of 2-4 Lab Subs, they will perform similar to 6-8 single 18" subs (of course depending on the subs).

Secondly, the weight and size of the lab subs, along with that path geometry are very important in it's performance, note the size and weight of the box.

Third, the matching of the driver to the horn's characteristics is an important part of the overall performance. You would need to model the response in the EAW cabinets to see that they would even work acceptably.

Generally, you would be better off with EAW's stock drivers IMO.

• Members

That 12" driver you mentioned was spawned over at the LAB subwoofer forum. If you are looking for info on almost any sub design, there are a lot of dedicated subwoofer freaks there:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/f/3/449/?SQ=a814e26515bccd921b5f863b89b05410

You have to register and use your real name to post there.

• Members

Originally posted by DDAY

I miss read or didn't read carefully enough. I have 2 EAW super scoops with no drivers and would like to use them for long throw and B rentals and gigs. Almost got excited!

You might give EAW a call and see how much replacement drivers would cost.

Archived