system for baseball field

• Members
Originally posted by BillESC

Atlas horns with drivers will do the job nicely. We've installed them for a lot of atheletic fields and never had a call back or complaint.

My suggestion as well. Don't forget those horns need HPF's around 200-300Hz though depending on model of horn. Oh... don't overpower those drivers either!

• Members

Atlas horns with drivers will do the job nicely. We've installed them for a lot of atheletic fields and never had a call back or complaint.

wouldnt those be a little nasally? were lookin for a little bass, some thump.

• Members

Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

wouldnt those be a little nasally? were lookin for a little bass, some thump.

You're kidding right?

For $1000 - $1500 you should be happy getting intelligable sound and music... add another $1000 or two for a bit of thump outdoors.

• Members

Community's "R" series. From what I've heard, the Atlas sounds good and is priced better. If you plan on putting music thru these, definitely hi pass them--they aren't going to reproduce very low freqs anyway and sending lf to them will just eat headroom and smoke diaphragms.

• Members
Originally posted by ctardi

The communities are lookin at about $700/pop.B]

So, add to that an amplifier, mixer (or combination) and mounting hardware, a microphone, you still want to high-pass those boxes around 60-70Hz depending on the model. Maybe $2500... if only 2 boxes will work for the application.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

So, add to that an amplifier, mixer (or combination) and mounting hardware, a microphone, you still want to high-pass those boxes around 60-70Hz depending on the model. Maybe $2500... if only 2 boxes will work for the application.

Yes, and those will only cover an area of 40' by 90' IE. One section of baseball seating.

• Members

The community R-5's are MUCH better than the Atlas but way more expensive. A lot of your decision should be based on how you are aiming your projection and how far spread out the audience is.

Any chance the speakers could be mounted on the Press Box and not left out in the weather. If you don't have to deal with weather-proof speakers your choices open up a lot. You could even consider our little Line Array model. The cool thing about line arrays is that you can get the volume up at a distance without over-powering listeners that are sitting nearby.

SE-LA

• Members

Next time I'll click on the link before making a rash statement.

Kind of looks like the Bose Pas system that's bent.
:eek:

I'm guessing my price quote made you soil yourself? :D

Our church uses the boes system, a suprisingly nice sound for it's size.

• Members

Originally posted by dboomer

The community R-5's are MUCH better than the Atlas but way more expensive. A lot of your decision should be based on how you are aiming your projection and how far spread out the audience is.

Any chance the speakers could be mounted on the Press Box and not left out in the weather. If you don't have to deal with weather-proof speakers your choices open up a lot. You could even consider our little Line Array model. The cool thing about line arrays is that you can get the volume up at a distance without over-powering listeners that are sitting nearby.

Nice little array!

Only 93db/2.83v sounds conservative for 16 two inchers. Those four running -6db on bottom must bring this figure down.

I could have used dozens of these in installs I've done in the past.

Archived