Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

system for baseball field

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system for baseball field

im a college baseball player and were lookin for a little system for about 1000-1500 dollars, and were lookin to use it for name announcement and for walk out songs. Whats a good set-up for that?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains. </div>

How big of a field?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">C++ for dummies:<br />
    do.this()<br />
    do.that()<br />
    on.error(<br />
    blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

Atlas horns with drivers will do the job nicely. We've installed them for a lot of atheletic fields and never had a call back or complaint.
      Thanks,
      Bill Cronheim
      Enterainment Systems Corporation
      Back stage since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by BillESC
        Atlas horns with drivers will do the job nicely. We've installed them for a lot of atheletic fields and never had a call back or complaint.
        My suggestion as well. Don't forget those horns need HPF's around 200-300Hz though depending on model of horn. Oh... don't overpower those drivers either!

Comment

wouldnt those be a little nasally? were lookin for a little bass, some thump.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains. </div>

Comment

If you really are just using it for what you said, name announcement, and walk out songs, it shouldn't make a difference.

That budged will barley get you a good thump inside, never mind outside.
            do.this()<br />
            do.that()<br />
            on.error(<br />
            blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

wouldnt those be a little nasally? were lookin for a little bass, some thump.

You're kidding right?

For $1000 - $1500 you should be happy getting intelligable sound and music... add another $1000 or two for a bit of thump outdoors.

Comment

Community's "R" series. From what I've heard, the Atlas sounds good and is priced better. If you plan on putting music thru these, definitely hi pass them--they aren't going to reproduce very low freqs anyway and sending lf to them will just eat headroom and smoke diaphragms.

Comment

Yes, the Community speakers would be fine, as would the Atlas products of similar nature... but you aren't gonna put together a system for $1000-$1500 that way, hence my suggested upgrade to the budget.

Comment

The communities are lookin at about $700/pop.

I use their 'indoor' portable speakers alot, great things, stand up to lots of abuse.
                    do.this()<br />
                    do.that()<br />
                    on.error(<br />
                    blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

Originally posted by ctardi
                      The communities are lookin at about $700/pop.B]
                      So, add to that an amplifier, mixer (or combination) and mounting hardware, a microphone, you still want to high-pass those boxes around 60-70Hz depending on the model. Maybe $2500... if only 2 boxes will work for the application.

Comment

Originally posted by agedhorse
                        So, add to that an amplifier, mixer (or combination) and mounting hardware, a microphone, you still want to high-pass those boxes around 60-70Hz depending on the model. Maybe $2500... if only 2 boxes will work for the application.

Yes, and those will only cover an area of 40' by 90' IE. One section of baseball seating.
                        do.this()<br />
                        do.that()<br />
                        on.error(<br />
                        blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

As I originally posted (and suggested)...

Atlas horns. With your budget you can easily get four, a mixer/amplifier and CD music source.
                          Thanks,
                          Bill Cronheim
                          Enterainment Systems Corporation
                          Back stage since 1973

Comment

As I originally posted (and suggested)...

Atlas horns. With your budget you can easily get four, a mixer/amplifier and CD music source.

And a high pass filter too

Comment

The community R-5's are MUCH better than the Atlas but way more expensive. A lot of your decision should be based on how you are aiming your projection and how far spread out the audience is.

Any chance the speakers could be mounted on the Press Box and not left out in the weather. If you don't have to deal with weather-proof speakers your choices open up a lot. You could even consider our little Line Array model. The cool thing about line arrays is that you can get the volume up at a distance without over-powering listeners that are sitting nearby.

SE-LA
                              Don Boomer

Comment

Working...
                              X