No announcement yet.

Which budget passive di box?.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which budget passive di box?.

I play Keyboards more nowadays...in which I always plug it into a passive Carvin di box...which then sends the signal to the main mixer in front.

My Carvin di box was stolen recently after a gig...along with my phono cable. Instead of crying over it (coz I've met musicians who lost even more expensive things than me) i decided I have to buy another passive di box....but want to see whether Carvin is the only choice I have.

I am not in favour of an active di box as it is dearer and dont want the hassle of changing batteries every now and then.

So what should I consider?.

This one!
    C++ for dummies:
    do.this()
    do.that()
    on.error(
    blame.microsoft())

Comment

ctardi...thanks for your reply. I've never heard of EWI before. The DI box looks rugged and tough though....wonder if they ship to Malaysia here?.

Have you used it before?. how would you rate it against the other brands if the same price range?.

Comment

I'd look at a whirlwind too. The EDB1 is cheap, durable, and sounds just fine.

Comment

bigmike, thanks. I wrote to Whirlwind and asked them whether they ship to Malaysia too. Still waiting for their reply.

The EDB1 is made in Korea. Any problem with your unit?.

Comment

The Whurlwind Imp and Director are the staple of the industry for passive DI's, rugged and very dependable.

Comment

Both the Horizon and Rapco pasive DI's are excellent performers, as well as Audiopile's and Whirlwinds.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I second the Audiopile DI and would als suggest the Rapco DB 100 to the list of affordable/rugged/good functioning DI's.
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Steam/179028619290

Comment

Originally posted by where02190
                  The Whurlwind Imp and Director are the staple of the industry for passive DI's, rugged and very dependable.

Yes definately. They're built like tanks and do what they're supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by stunningbabe
                    ctardi...thanks for your reply. I've never heard of EWI before. The DI box looks rugged and tough though....wonder if they ship to Malaysia here?.

Have you used it before?. how would you rate it against the other brands if the same price range?.

I'm not sure if Mark (Audiopile) Will ship to Malaysia, but I think he will probably say something when he sees this here.

*hint to Mark* *hint to Mark*
                    C++ for dummies:
                    do.this()
                    do.that()
                    on.error(
                    blame.microsoft())

Comment

Mark from Audiopile surfs in here?. Hey...that'll be cool if Mark can advise me here.

Comment

Originally posted by stunningbabe
                        Mark from Audiopile surfs in here?. Hey...that'll be cool if Mark can advise me here.

Yup, he's a very contributing member here.
                        C++ for dummies:
                        do.this()
                        do.that()
                        on.error(
                        blame.microsoft())

Comment

Mark...you've got mail!.

Comment

Mark...I didn't get any reply from you.

Comment

Hi mark. Yes, Liz wrote to me. Waiting for her reply on how much it'll cost to ship to Malaysia. Say...if I buy 2 units, will there a lower price?.

Comment

Working...
                              X