X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Ultracurve DSP 8000

Yay or nay on the DSP8000 as a cheap solution (I can get one cheap) for a church 31 band EQ and RTA?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Jared</div>

No such thing as a DSP8000... At least not that I can find.

Only ultracurve is the DEQ2496
    <div class="signaturecontainer">C++ for dummies:<br />
    do.this()<br />
    do.that()<br />
    on.error(<br />
    blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

This is not the auction that I am bidding on, just proof that the thing exists. Might be an older model that is not stocked anymore?Here.

Comment

Invalid Item.
        do.this()<br />
        do.that()<br />
        on.error(<br />
        blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

Found the item, it's an DSP8024.

Is it really worth the whole 3 bands of parametric you get? I'd just go with a good graphic or two.
          do.this()<br />
          do.that()<br />
          on.error(<br />
          blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

dammit the link isnt working.

Lets try again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Behringer-Ultracurve-DSP-8000-graphic-equalizer_W0QQitemZ7378751064QQcategoryZ23788QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Out of the 5 Behringer digital eqs around this area that I know of, only 2 are still working properly.

They are both early versions.
              Vyizder Zomenimor Orziz Aziz Zanerz Orziz

Comment

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7378751064&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/7378751064_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

from the auction;
                  "There is one issue that has not effected our using it, but you should know... Once in a while the screen will go blank and then it comes back to normal. This does not effect the sound and all settings are still saved. It's strictly a screen issue."
                  Vyizder Zomenimor Orziz Aziz Zanerz Orziz

Comment

Originally posted by pro1-54
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7378751064&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/7378751064_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

from the auction;
                    "There is one issue that has not effected our using it, but you should know... Once in a while the screen will go blank and then it comes back to normal. This does not effect the sound and all settings are still saved. It's strictly a screen issue."

He isn't buying that one
                    do.this()<br />
                    do.that()<br />
                    on.error(<br />
                    blame.microsoft())</div>

Comment

The DSP-8000 mainframe is one of the first truely innovative and original products Behringer succeeded in developing.

It is a very good design (except for a little thermal issue on the+5V regulator circuit) and a good sounding unit (outstanding sounding given it's price), quiet and a pretty decent user-interface, at a penalty of being 2U high. The only real functional issue is the noise gate threshold, and I don't recall if it can be bypassed. It's only a problem on systems with an exceptionally low noise floor. I have not seen any significant reliability issues with either the DSP-8000, or the upgraded (and no 5 volt regulator problem) 8024. I use one on the road as a programmable signal source and quick & dirty RTA when I am travelling on service/troubleshooting jobs and don't want to deal with (or need to analyze time domain problems) a laptop. It's all set up with balanced I/O and if it gets destroyed in an unforseeable accident it's not the end ofthe world. Sometimes, I have to work in somewhat inaccessable areas like catwalks. I can rope the little rack up off a floor 100 feet in the air without fear that I would have with a laptop.

It may need the back-up battery replaced though.

Comment

I

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_B
                          I

Comment

Working...
                            X