Ashly GQX3102 vs Peavey Q231FX

• Members

Hello everyone

I need some input from some of you guys with way more experience than I.

I currently own a Peavey Q231FX equalizer we use for front of house. It works pretty good and has given us no trouble. The only little complaint is that the sliders have a very short throw. (20mm I think) That results in a lot of squinting and having to be very careful as to how far you move the slider. A little is a lot in this case. So fine adjustments are a bit difficult.

So I get this bright idea of

• Members

There are only 3 basic (common) topologies for a graphic eq circuit. It's basically a commodity product except for the quality of the layout, build and parts.

I doubt most folks here could tell the difference between units of like common topology if presented with an A/B test using identical unmarked interfaces. I have tested them all and frankly it's not a big issue.

If you are looking for a long fader unit, consider the DBX 1200 series... an excellent value and a great performer. There's nothing wrong with your current unit either, maybe you can find a long throw Peavey unit?

• Members

Thanks Andy and Don

Maybe the smart thing here is to stick with what I have. The Peavey is a good unit and we'll just make more of an effort to learn to use the short throw sliders.

Thanks for the info. Once again I learn a tidbit of very useful information.

Archived