#%$& I'm tired

• Members

Okay, i'm so over tired...I was cleaning off my desk (Crap was piled higher than the computer monitor, that's my cue to clean up)I just [this morning] put a whole pile of the USB cables that I actually use often into a garbage bag, and into the trash can, which got picked up today. I hate running on coffee and autopilot.

{censored}!:cry: Looks like i've got some shopping to do!

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I'll bite.

The most tired (and oblivious) I've ever been:

I was cutting wheat... and had been for more than a month. 5:00am or so till dark (9:00 - 10:00pm). Mr. Farmer and I were running two combines back-to-back. The farmer's wife that I was working for made breakfast (at about 4:00am... well before daybreak) and dinner (at o:dark-thirty) every day. That one night, a bit after twilight, we shut off the machines, greased and gassed up, hopped in the trap wagon and headed for the cookhouse. Mrs. Farmer made omlets, fried taters, and fresh pastries for dinner. We ate dinner (thanked Mrs. Farmer for the meal), went out to the porch... put on our boots... hopped in the trap wagon and drove off. See... after dinner, Mr. Farmer would drive me to the bunk house (and feed his livestock, with my help), then pick me up in the morning (and feed his livestock, with my help). Well... that one night (after omlets, fried taters, and pasteries) we blew right past the bunkhouse, and straight back to the wheat field. We crawled out of the trapwagon... fired up the combines... and started cutting. About 20 to 30 minutes later we both had full bulk tanks, so we pulled out of the cut and waited for the trucks to arrive, and waited, and waited, and waited. No trucks. WTF??? So we got on the radios. Nobody answered. WTDF??? So we climbed down off the machines, piled in the trapwagon and were just pulling up onto the county road... when a pickup pulled up... containing Mrs. Farmer, and Grandpa Farmer... who where out looking for us. We were deemed MIA. Yup... we had no clue it was actually the end of the day, and NOT the start of another day.

• Members

I got up to pee one night and ended almost going to work... :confused::wave:

But it must have been the omlets that threw you off...that's breakfast food.

Maybe the farm could be more productive if every meal were breakfast? :D

• Members

So, was just thinking of the other stupid thing I did today,sitting around a couple pizzas in the office at lunch. We had a complaint, and were debating about weather or not to phone about it...sent us the wrong flavour of chicken wings.

So I proceded to tell about the last time I complained to a pizza company. " The first one was cold when it got here. So they send a second one, but it wasn't cut, just a big round pizza. Phoned again, they were cool about it, so they send another one right away, then sent one in the mail!" So I take a bite of pizza, sip of coke, then realize what I just said, and spat/snorted out the paste in my mouth. Luckaly I wasn't the only one who realized what I said. I meant they send a gift certificate....but by the time we finished laughing about it, my freakin pizza was cold, and my coke was warm!

• Members

Yeah, tonight the store was open 'till 11:00 pm instead of 9:00. We all got real looney toward the end of the night and were singing opera. I sang an opera song about counting my drawer while counting it -then everyone just joined in and got real into it. Some parts were actually pretty good.

Isnt it great when you get so tired that you do the most silly and random things?

:thu: OH YEAH!!!:thu:

Koolaid Kool... No Fool!!!

• Members

Originally posted by ctardi

Okay, i'm so over tired...I was cleaning off my desk (Crap was piled higher than the computer monitor, that's my cue to clean up)I just [this morning] put a whole pile of the USB cables that I actually use often into a garbage bag, and into the trash can, which got picked up today. I hate running on coffee and autopilot.

{censored}!
:cry:
Looks like i've got some shopping to do!

No big deal

http://www.cablewholesale.com/catalog/usbcables.htm

$1.15 for a 3' , $1.80 for 10'

just a few clicks, a few dollars, and a few days and your back in business.

I wish all my mess-ups were that easy to fix :(

• Members

A few years back we had a load-in/shows from hell, load-in at 4am for a national radio show from 9-12, load-out of that show, load-in of a national rock show, done at 11:30 and out by 1am. Mrs. Agedhorse couldn't wake me up the next morning... kept mumbling no, no, no, can't do it...

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

Yup... we had no clue it was actually the end of the day, and NOT the start of another day.

Did you at least get to sleep in the next morning, you know, until 4:30am or so?

Archived